Chapter 2

20th March 2046

Penelopé, E.T.A.R

Planet Equillex

Planet Equillex, home to one of the worse, the most vicious creatures in the whole of the entire galaxy - The Quibbles. Don’t be fooled by these creatures, fooled once by them, you will not get a second chance. At one glance, it may seem cute with its blue, fluffy fur on it’s body. Its height is at the chest of an average human. It has lime green eyes, with limbs equivalent of a cat. However, when you get too comfortable with it, Quibbles will change in a matter of seconds. Their fur will raise, making themselves look bigger. Claws will grow out from their hands, their eyes will turn bloodshot and a mouth filled with razor-like teeth will appear, ready to snap your head off. Upon contact with their other side, it’s a 100% that you will be killed.

I settled down on my belly in the deep snow. I took out my Barrett M98B and set it down onto the snow white grass. I pulled out the magazine to check for a full ammunition, and loaded it back in. I stared down the scope, looking for a target.

“Penelopé. Penelopé. Do you copy?” My earpiece crackled.

It was Alexander, or Alex for short.

“What is it Alex?” I questioned him.

Alex was located in a Land-Air Vehicle (LAR) not far from where I was. As the name suggests, this vehicle can move on both land and in the air, for a quick escape when something bad happens. The LAR is filled with supplies that could last us for months as we would have to fly out of the planet itself from time to time. Alexander and I belong to Double Stealth. The two and the only members of Double Stealth. We were put together as a team because Double Stealth is the only group in ETAR that goes out to collect data or stop secret organisations. For this mission, we were out to Planet Equillex, risking our lives to stop a major drug production team. Alexander is to give me the details of the area and also which suitable way to approach them, while I execute the plan.

“There are multiple heat signatures in the building.” Alex notified me. 

A 3-dimensional figure of the building popped up in my HUD. Multiple orangish-red coloured figures appeared in the building, about 20 of them, I assumed. They were all standing at about 5 metres away from each other.

“Going to be tough.” I whined through my earpiece.

I equipped on my silencer and rested my rifle against my shoulder. I looked through my scope as my earpiece crackled.

“You could probably take out the few in front of the house...” Alexander paused for a while.

“What is it?” I asked him.

A sudden wave a static came to my ear. “Penelopé! Get out of there now!” He screamed through the microphone.

Taking that as an order, I slung my rifle over my shoulder and rolled over onto my back. There he was, the silhouette of the sneak-attacker. He was quite tall for a Quibble, which is the only feature I could pick out from him in the dark. I reached down to my thigh strap, grabbing the hilt of my pistol as a glitter of silver flashed into my eyes.