What I Need

"I don't even know." Harry laughed from the other room as he continued to mock you with the guys. 

"Did you try asking her what's going on?" Liam tried to remain respectful and contain his laugh, but he failed. 

"No, every time I even go near her to ask what's going on she has these, like, freak attacks on me. It's literally the funniest thing." He lost his control and laughed louder than usual. But that was simply all you could take, he had no idea what was going on. You casually picked up your duffle bag and walked through the living room towards the door. "B-Babe, you're home?" He stuttered, as he shot up from the couch but remained solid and still as cement, he knew you had heard too much. 

"Yeah." You sighed, you didn't want any confrontation. 

"W-Where are you going?" He questioned your further advances toward the door. 

"Out." You started briefly. 

"N-No w-wait-" 

"No Harry, I've heard enough. I won't bring you down anymore." 

"I didn't mean it though." He began to plead as your fingers traced the door knob. The rest of the guys sat silently and guiltily in the couch. 

"If you didn''t mean it, you wouldn't have said it." And with those final words, you broke loose from the apartment. You pressed the elevator button but the ducked in to the stair wells and waited for Harry and the others to chase the next elevator down. After they left you walked up a single flight of stairs to the flat that Louis and Eleanor shared. 

"Hey babe." She sympathetically greeted you at the door; prior to your arrival you called her and you explained what was going on. 

"Hey." You sniffled quietly. 

"C'mere." She pulled you in for a tight hug and rubbed your hair. "I've got loads of ice cream and magazines, plus I convinced Louis to stay with Haz. I told him I was sick." She winked. 

"I'm sorry about this-" 

"Don't even start missy." She giggled. "Obviously something is wrong. So spill, what's up?" She led you to the couch where you unloaded all of your thoughts and burdens. Your main problem was a fight with one of your 'best friends' Adrianne. "So let me get this straight, she blamed you for her problems, said you weren't a good friend and then called you a bitch? That's screwed up. Just because she has problems doesn't mean you need to have them. If you're important enough, she'll apologize. If she doesn't apologize for being nasty, calling you names and everything else, move on. You deserve better than that. You are an amazing friend and if she can't see that? Screw her, you can do better." 

"Thanks El." You smiled as you looked to your lap. 

"Nope, we aren't done yet. Now we need to discuss Harry." 

"Ugh, don't remind me." You groaned as you pulled the pillow you were holding to your face and sank sideways into the couch. 

"No, you were right, he should have asked-" 

"What the hell?" You turned to see Louis and Zayn standing in the doorway; they both waled over in front of the couch and looked at you. "We've been looking everywhere for you!" Zayn bellowed. 

"Found me." You scoffed. 

"I thought you said you were sick-" Louis turned to Eleanor but she cut him off. 

"Shut up Lou." 

"What did I do?" He questioned defensively. 

"She's one of your best friends and you sat there mocking her and talking about her?" 

"Well-" 

"No, you shouldn't be doing anything short of apologizing!" She stood up to meet him eye level. "You have no idea what she's been dealing with and now for her to have to put up with your crap? Get out Lou, go stay with Harry." 

"But-" 

"No buts, both of you get ou-" 

"Louis does Eleanor kn-what the hell?" Harry stepped out from behind Louis and Zayn. "B-Babe, you're here?" He said softly as he looked at you. 

"Yeah." Was all you managed to say. 

"W-Why did you run out I-" 

"Why did I run out? WHY DID I RUN OUT?!" You stood up and raised your hands. "How the hell could you sit in our living room and gossip about me? What was going through your mind? Maybe I've been a bitch lately because I'm going through something that doesn't involve you! Not everything is about you Harry!" 

"What's this about then?" He raised his voice to match your level. 

"Adrianne! That's what!" 

"You're upset over her? I told you she was a bitch from the start! Why are you even making a big deal out of this?!" 

"You know what Harry? We're over." You said in monotone. 

"W-What?" 

"You heard me." The room went dead silent as an extra three set of eyes rested upon you and Harry. 

"W-Why, I love you." 

"Obviously not. Everything I get upset about you say I'm over reacting! I don't need that! I need someone to comfort me! Tell me that it's going to be alright! Don't act like such a jack ass all of the time! How about that? I don't need you to do everything for me but I certainly need someone who will support me no matter what, cause' God knows I do!" You were out of breath by the end of your rant as you stood vulnerable in the middle of the room, all eyes on you. 

With out a word Harry lifted you up and threw you over his shoulder. You kicked and screamed but he wouldn't let you go. "Open the door." He winced as your knee collided with his collar bone. 

"Don't you dare." Eleanor protested as Zayn whipped the door open. 

"Sorry." He smirked and shrugged as Harry ran out with you. 

"Put me down Harry!" You shrieked but he refused and remained silent. You weakly pounded your fists into his back to no prevail as he walked through the door to your flat. 

"I'll put you down but you h-have to promise me something." His voice was shaky, you didn't know why though. 

"You're in no position to be making compromises." 

"I-I know, just please, promise me." 

"Promise." You reluctantly agreed as he slowly reattached your feet to the floor. You looked up and into his eyes, he was crying. "W-Why are you crying?" A sudden shiver of pity rushed through your veins. 

"I-I can't-can't lose you, I need you." He stuttered. You found yourself unconsciously pulling his limp body into your suddenly strong figure. 

"You're not going to." 

"B-But you said-" 

"I know what I said, but I can't live without you wither, I love you but this can't keep happening." 

"I know, I just overheat and brush it off because I don't want to see you hurting. I hate seeing you cry, it tears me apart. But I see that I was the one hurting you, please, I promise that I will change this." 

"I know you will, I love you Harry." 

"I love you so so much, never leave me, please." 

"Just never let me." You smiled as he pulled away and looked up. 

"You never have to worry about that. If I can have it my way, I will never even let you out of my sight." 

"Well, it is your way." You smiled as you placed your lips on his. The old sparks flew but with a sharper flame, one that made you realize you two would pull through even the toughest of times. And that made you realize, he was the one.