Can Divit: "Starve a Cold, Feed a Fever!"

Author's Request: Please read "Scar-Kissed" the previous story.

I wrote it in Jan 2019 & had no idea that EK & travel will be so intertwined.

=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=---=

My whole body is shivering, shuddering and shaking almost debilitating me in the bed. The night is dark, endless and void of any light or sound and saturated by the stillness. I barely realize I'm on the yacht by the sway and surge of the ocean... and I'm tucked  into the blankets in the little cabin. My mind, spirit and soul are wandering beyond my control.... and I'm hallucinating and fantasizing that she's mine again, forever!

"Sanem" ..... "Sanem" ..... "Sanem"...... I call out to her and wait for a response.  No response, of course not, she's not here with me. I left her and we left each other.... how long ago was it? I don't know or care anymore!

...

I'm in utter bliss, lying on a beach, enjoying the cooling breeze and the warmth of the sun and she's  frolicking in the ocean waters nearby!

OH.MY.GOD!

How'd I get this lucky? She's walking towards me.... sensual, sultry and sexy doesn't even do justice to her state of being! I grab my camera and start clicking and capturing her endearing form in photographs and thereby memorializing that moment, forever!

 sensual, sultry and sexy doesn't even do justice to her state of being! I grab my camera and start clicking and capturing her endearing form in photographs and thereby memorializing that moment, forever!

She's getting closer to me and I drop the camera on the sand.... and reach for her! Like sand that slips the grasp, I'm unable to touch her and she slowly and steadily fades and vanishes from me!

...

A savage voice calls to me loudly inside my head... "She's not real, she's not here, she never was and never will be yours, forever! " I don't want to believe him so I smother him quiet.

AH.... Sanem.... AH!!

...

I'm awakened by her overpowering essence.... and I'm still on the yacht. Alas, she can't be here with me.... it's the perfume she allowed me to take as we said our goodbyes. All I had to do was reach for and fold her into my arms.... would that have healed us? I'd never know because I didn't have the courage that I once had to breach that delicate space between us!

 would that have healed us? I'd never know because I didn't have the courage that I once had to breach that delicate space between us!