Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

"I don't feel so good." I mumbled, clutching my stomach as the large, towering highschool came into view with students walking about and talking with one another.

Dustin parked the car in his respected lot, turning the engine off. "It's not that bad." He said with a shrug before gesturing me to get out of his silver Porsche.

"No," I refused, "Take me home."

He rolled his blue eyes in annoyance. "It's just school, Serena."

"Maybe for you, but I don't fit in well in school." I muttered, embarrassed at admitting this.

It was true. With my shy exterior, it was hard to create friends anywhere I went. I was just socially awkward in a way that made me not 'interesting' to most people. It would be much easier if people were nice enough to just come up and talk to me. I just don't have an exhilirating and thrilling lifestyle that I could talk about.

"You'll do fine." He reassured.

I let a small smile slip on my face. It's been almost a week since I've arrived in Florida. Dustin and I got along quite well, if you count ignoring and fighting most of the time, but it was actually nice knowing you had someone older than you to protect you from any harm. At least that's what I think Dustin would do if I was in danger.

"You sure?" I asked cautiously, just to make sure.

Dustin nodded. "Just don't get involved with the 'populars'."

I groaned. They still have those kinds of people? In the last school I gone to, everyone was just actively nice and carefree. They invited everyone with warmth. That was the only time I ever made friends easily.

"I'm guessing you're one of them?" I asked with a smirk.

He chuckled, shrugged and said, "You could say that," before climbing out of the car.

"I most definitely will." I mumbled before following him out the car and closer towards the towering building called a school.

"Just be calm, cool, and collected." He advised, leading me through crowds of people.

"Easy for you to say." I muttered bitterly as everyone started pointing and whispering towards us. Once, I heard someone say if we were dating.

Gross.

Like I would ever date an asshole like him.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed, rubbing my nose as the main entrance door hit me square in the face.

"I told you to watch where you're going." Dustin said, rolling his eyes as he opened the door for me from inside.

Like I said: Asshole.

I entered with laughter trailing from behind. I slouched my shoulders over; that was the most terrible impression I have ever made on the first day of school, well, my first day of school here since it already started a couple weeks in. "I hate this school already." I mumbled, trudging along Dustin who decided to lead me towards the main office.

"You'll learn to love it." He said, pushing past the doors into the office.

I sighed, pushing the door open also. He didn't even open the door for me. I walked up to his side, just hearing him ask for my file.

"Ms. Anderson..." The secretary mumbled, searching through cabinets of files. "Ah-ha!" She exclaimed, snatching up a manila folder. She rolled her chair back over to us, taking out a loose piece of paper from within the folder.