Chapter 17

I'm in trouble.

Very much in trouble.

After everyone cleared the ball room Lucas let's his facade fall and man am I in trouble. His cobalt blue is hidden by a sea of pure black. His hands clenched into fist just to undo and ball up again.

"Lucas?"

No reply.

"Lucas? Are you okay?"

"NO I'M NOT OKAY! YOU ARE ABOUT TO GO UP AGAINST ONE OF THE BEST FEMALE WARRIORS TO FIGHT FOR YOUR SPOT AS MY MATE AND QUEEN! I'M DEFINITELY NOT OKAY!"

"It will be okay. Calm down."

I walk over to Lucas and wrap my arms around his waist, burying my face in his chest. To be honest I'm surprised he let me touch him.

Lucas starts to rub my back and holds my head to his chest. A slight crack startles me and I want to look but Lucas hand keeps me in place.

"I-I can't lose you. I-I can't. I won't be able to go on without you baby..."

The words coming out of Lucas mouth break my heart. He sounds so broken, so different from the powerful King he usually carries himself as.

We just stand there. Arms around each other as Lucas sobs into my shoulder.

"Hey. Have some faith in me okay? I wouldn't have agreed to her challenge if I didn't think I could win. Trust me okay?"
"I do trust you, but you haven't had proper training and just a couple weeks ago you had wolfsbane in your bloodstream! You still might have it circulating through your body! I won't be able to live with myself if you get hurt."

Lucas eyes have cleared of all black, now all that's left is pure sadness and the redness of suppressed tears.

Footsteps and a clearing of one's throat makes Lucas and I to break apart.

"Alpha. Luna. The fight will start soon and Luna needs to be ready. The twins and Jorgie are in your room, ready to help her get ready. You are needed in the clearing to make sure everything is prepared for the fight."

"Yes of course. Audrey, you remember my Beta Dominic and his mate Jorgie right?"

"Oh yeah! You guys are the ones at the ball that actually acknowledged my presence! It's good to see you again Beta Dominic."

"Please, call me Dom, all my friends do."

"Alright Dom. You can call me Audrey."

Dom drops to one knee and places his fist over his heart before speaking again.

"My loyalty is to you Luna Audrey. Jorgie and I are at your service no matter the hour and will be rooting for you in the challenge."

"Thank you Dom. Now I should probably get ready and you,Lucas, need to go with Dom to set up for the fight. I'll see you guys later."

I go to walk away but Lucas wraps his hand around my wrist, spinning me to face him. Lucas quickly places a kiss on my lips before releasing me.

"I'll see you soon baby."

Walking out of the ballroom I think about how I'm going to win this fight. To keep my throne and my mate.

Lucas said that we are to fight in wolf form. That means that you will have my strength and we both know how to fight like that. Don't worry. Anything that pup will through at us, we will come back at her with 10x the strength and elegance.

You're right Kenna! We can do this!

When am I ever wrong?

Whatever. Love you Kenna!