29. No Matter what

The next morning I dashed out at dawn with odd socks and bed hair to send an urgent letter to Lacey about her father. I wasn't even sure if Mark was in the country, but I felt Lacey should be aware. What if Mark tried to grab her or Hollie in the streets? Honestly, I thought he wouldn't come back for them, considering he abandoned them over his wife's corpse... but anything was possible.

And the worry of Mark possibly being in the country made me think dark festering thoughts that hadn't found my mind in months. I'd been fine with him m.i.a, out of our lives forever. But him being possibly mere hundred miles away... it brought everything a lot closer to hime.

Then once Hedwig had disapeared, we all gathered in the coutryard to discuss the nightmares. Harry's seemed to be more intense than mine, which was both a worry and relief.

Relief that we shared this same freaky phenomanon, plus that we could get a better grasp of the situation with Voldemort. It was a worry because why were the two of us so different in our dreams? Was it because of my memory loss? Or was it something more deadly?

"You said that a guy called Rookwood was asking for forgivness?" Sam asked, raising an eyebrow as Harry explained his more in depth dream. We had drafted Sam in, as she had previous experience with these psyscopaths.

"Yeah, I think so." Harry said, looking anxious as he kicked at the floor.

"Well he works in the Ministry, Department of Mysteries." Sam said. "He went there after he believed his master to be dead. He was over my house a lot growing up. He made the best cupcakes for us."

"Don't tell me, they had dark mark icing." I said dryly. "And then speaking of another dark Mark, the bastard went to get somebody... Avery I think? He was going to be punished for something."

A nostaligc look came onto Sam's face. "Not Avery... He's not a very nice guy, but he's got a wife and young children.... I hope they don't target them."

"Maybe they'll get out of the country, anybody with logic would." Hermione said worriedly.

"Okay, every hold up!" Gennie raised her hands, and we all looked at her. "So what I'm getting from this freaky story is that Rookwood works in the Ministry, Voldemort is punishing this Avery guy and people are being arrested in the Ministry... Coinsedence?"

"Are you trying to say that Rookwood told You-Know-Who where the weapon is--and it's in the Ministry?" Ron raised an eyebrow. "Why would it be in there?"

"Maybe because it's the British Goverment building?" Sam said, sarcasm dripping from her tone. "I mean God, either that or Gringott's would be a prime place to hide it... That immortal stone was in there, and that was a weapon for the dark lord before, right?"

"Well let's just hope they get eaten by the dragons if it's in Gringott's." Gennie said grimly.

"No they won't." I said hastily. "The dragons don't deserve scum like that in their stomachs."

"In any case," Hermione said loudly. "I think the two of you should focus on your occlumency. That's where the problem is stemming from."

* * * * 

Harry ignored Hermione for the rest of the day, being the stubborn git he is. After spending most of the evening with Draco, I found Harry lying on a sofa doing nothing.

"How's your ferrett?" Harry asked as means of a greeting.

"Oh shut up," I sat down, putting his feet onto my lap. "You are way too tall to be lying all over the sofa, you long-legged git."

"Oh so I'm not allowed to make tall jokes around you, but it's fine for you to do them?" Harry grumbled, pushing his head into a pillow.

"Well I can considering you're now taller than me." I shrugged. "I had an idea."