Chapter 5 Justin POV: Swans & Forts

It's been 4 months since I got arrested in Miami. And the media and just people in general have made me public enemy #1.
I'm the pun to everyone's jokes lately. My mom Pattie and my manager Scooter have me under lock and key. I'm like Rapunzel locked away in her tower. But it's no fairy tale. It sucks. I literally have to randomly piss in a cup to be drug tested. My liquor cabinets were wiped clean. My mother even found my porn stash and literally burned it in my backyard. That one was kinda embarrassing to be honest. I do still sneak a joint here and there, I am Justin Bieber after all. Sometimes my bodyguards feel kind enough to donate their urine for me. Stop thinking I'm gross, everyone pees.
So being locked away in my castle, I've lost alot of my fake friends. I guess I'm no good if I'm not around to get them into clubs,throw cash around, or deliver the hotties.
My old friends Ryan and Chaz have been around to help lift my spirits, but they don't really get what I'm going through. My mom does allow me out of my tower for "church " functions. It's not too bad. But I feel like I'm being vilified for shit common teens do on the regular.
I occasionally hear from Sel. But she usually just treats me like I'm a burden. I miss how we used to be. I miss being in love with her. I screwed that up and no matter how hard I try, she only sees my failures.
The only good thing that came out of my arrest was becoming friends with Hailey Baldwin a.k.a Twinkles a.k.a Hails. She is forever cracking me up. We seriously are a bunch of nerds together. We send each other memes and literally will facetime to watch movies together. Twinkles is obsessed with the Godfather movies right now so that's what we've been watching over facetime. I honestly think she has a crush on Al Pacino who is old as fuck. But she likes to make a point that he was young during the filming of Godfather. One thing about Twinkles...she always thinks she's right.
I haven't seen her in person since that first night. She's still in Miami doing her ballerina la la la stuff and as you know, I'm locked away in L.A.
But I'm surprising her tonight at her last show. She's in some ballet about swans. She has no idea I'm coming. My jail wardens (mom and scooter) are letting me have a get out of lockdown pass for this one.
I'm flying into Miami with them on a private jet as I speak. Gonna sneak in to the show tonight and hopefully not get spotted.
Speaking of Twinkles, she just texted me.
"Justin....Ryan texted me that you got fake pee again for your drug test!
Dude, you seriously need to stop smoking weed! It makes you dumb.
But anyhoo tonight's my last performance and your gonna miss these amazing bear claws preform all because you like to shake and bake too much
And Mama Pattie ain't no fool!"
God, Hails can be so uppety sometimes. Here I am traveling across the damn country and she's lecturing me. She's gonna be so surprised when she sees me there tonight.
"Twinkles...don't hate on a natural medicinal plant like that. You really should do your research on it. Or maybe I'll get you high sometime.
Nevermind... you may be one of those paranoid people the first time they smoke.
Sorry I can't be there to watch your bear claws in all there magic.
I miss you tho Twinkles "
I really did miss her. I really needed to see her in person. Our connection was undeniable.
Another text, oh this one's in all caps!
"JUSTIN DREW BIEBER THE DAY I SMOKE WEED IS THE DAY YOU RUN BUTT ASS NAKED THROUGH DISNEY WORLD.
NEVERMIND...YOU'D PROBABLY DO IT JUST TO SPITE ME! I'LL SEE YOU SOON AND WHEN I DO BE PREPARED TO GET CLAWED WITH MY MAGICAL TOES!
BYE OGRE 🤣"
Hails always keeps me on my toes, that's for sure.

We made it to Hails performance shortly after it started. They arranged a private area for us and so far no paps or fans recognized me. I expected to honestly be bored during this show. After all it's a bunch of people jumping around in tights trying to be swans or something. When Twinkles came out on stage everything changed for me. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was absolutely stunning and graceful. She was wearing a white leotard and tu-tu. Her hair was up in a bun and she had a tiara resting on her head. I never realized how long her legs were until I watched her spinning across the stage and being lifted up in the air. She really did look like a swan princess. She was breathtaking.
Those shoes she dances on look painful as hell though. No wonder her toes are jacked.
But watching Hails dance, the feeling it gave me. Indescribable. I was so proud of her and kinda mad that she was quitting to persue modeling. I'd have to talk to her about that.
After the show, I  was able to sneak back to surprise her.
"Twinkles, I gotta admit, you look hot in those tights."
She turned around and came flying at me like a linebacker instead of the dainty dancer she was on stage. She tackled me to the ground and gave me the biggest hug I've had in a while.
"Justin you freaking came! How are you here? You actually sat through a ballet? You came for me?"
Little did she know that she was turning out to be the most important person in my life.
"Hails, I wouldn't have missed this for anything. You were amazing! I'm your biggest fan now, bear claws and all."
That one got me a slap on the back.
I was allowed to go back to her place without my watchdogs. They obviously trusted Hails, not me of course. My carriage would turn back into a pumpkin tomorrow morning when I'd be picked up for my flight back to L.A.
But for now I was Cinder-mother-freaking-ella who got to spend time with Twinkles.
Being with Hails was natural. She always has me laughing. She set me up with some fleece polka dotted pajamas while she showered. I was put in charge of ordering Chinese takeout delivery. But she said I couldn't be trusted with the board game selections for the night. It didn't matter because I was a competitor and would beat her ass in any game she wanted to play.
When she came out of her room wearing just an oversized t shirt and booty shorts with her wet hair that she was still towel drying...I about choked on my own tongue. Yeah she's my friend but I'm still a guy and my thoughts were anything but friendly.
"Stop staring at my boobs Justin. You perv. It's not like you haven't seen boobs before."
"Hails put a damn bra on then. Your trying to seduce me, so you can try and win at these board games."
She never did put on a bra. She beat me at Clue,Trouble, and Battleship. She also ate her weight in Chinese. And ruined any idea of romance when she burped in my face. Nasty I tell you. She didn't fight fair.
We built a fort in her living room using chairs and sheets and filled the inside with blankets and pillows.  We talked about the most random stuff that night. I learned that she hated fig newton's and she found out I had a fear of spiders. It was easy to be with her. The conversation eventually got heavy and we talked about how much I was struggling. She never once judged me, she let me vent and always knew how to bring me back down when I thought for sure I might fall. That night was the first night I allowed myself to be vulnerable with someone. I actually cried and instead of making me feel weak about it, Hails just wrapped me in her arms and put her fingers through mine. We fell asleep next to each other in our makeshift fort. Her snoring once again sounding like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. This time it was comforting. It was the best sleep I've had in years. Who would have thought? This crazy girl would become my life vest during the worst time of my life. She was saving me and didn't even realize it.
In the morning, I kissed her temple like our last goodbye. She was still sound asleep. I didn't want to wake her, but my ride to the airport was there. I whispered "Sweet dreams Twinkles,my very own lifesaver"
(I would never tell her that while she was conscious, she'd never let me live it down)
I left a note instead:
Twinkles, my clock turned to midnight and I had to go before...well you know the whole Cinderella story. I'll see you in L.A. soon where we will rematch in all the board games and I will win because you will be wearing a bra!!!
Thank you for making me feel normal.
❤-Orge