Getting Risky (33)

Vanoss P.O.V

I forgot to take that shower yesterday. Must have been extremely tired. I have to wash the blood off before I go to training. Nobody should suspect anything if I show up a little late.

I don't think Marcel noticed anything. Okay, let me rephrase that. I HOPE that Marcel didn't notice anything. I rubbed my eyes and warmed up to the sunlight leaking under my blinds. Batowl hooed at me from across the room. His beak clicking together once he was done. I rolled my eyes.

"I will take a short shower and be right out."

"Your team is waiting for you and you are stuck in here because you can't let go of that heathen." He gave me a judgmental stare.

"They can wait." I huffed at him. I grabbed my towel from the bed and a pair of black shoes. I already put my training clothes in the bathroom. Batowl flew over to my door and pushed it open. He glared at me before flying out. I rolled my eyes. "Love you too bud." I said. My sarcastic tone filling the room. I walked into the bathroom and sighed, turning the cold handle on to warm water. In one swift movement I took off my clothes with a sigh. I drew the curtains and stepped inside the shower. The soft sizzling soothed me. The water hit my back and I arched slightly. As it warmed I ran my fingers throughout my raven colored hair. I closed my eyes and grabbed the soap next to me. I let my mind wander to last night. Jonathan. That's a sexy ass name. "Delirious." I wondered out loud. "What is that story?" I winched slightly as the water got uncomfortably cold. "Why the name Delirious? He must have known about the Delirious Army. Why would he pick that name if he knew?" I felt each drip roll down my body. Following different paths each time, clouding my vision when I opened my eyes. Once I finished I turned off the water and threw open the shower curtain. I started to put on my clothes.

My yellow training shirt has, sadly, shrunk over time. It's more of a slight crop top now. If I lifted my arms you could see my stomach, but it covers it when my arms are down. Quickly, I slid on my shorts and ran out the door, still soaked in shower water. I sprinted down the stairs and put on my shoes at the door. The house was quiet with everyone out at the training arena.

"Better hurry." I heard Batowl mock. "They are getting worried." He glared at me. "This never would have happened if you didn't go off with that boy." I scoffed at him.

"It was worth it." I smiled, turning and shutting the door behind me in his face. Batowl flew out of the open window above me.

"Master." He growled.

"What?" I whispered, rather annoyed. "If it's about Jonathan I don't want to hear about it."

"No it's about that raccoon of his. When you left me with that thing it slept on the couch. While it slept I felt a weird energy around it."

"What kind of energy?" I asked intrigued.

"I have no idea. I just know he's not normal. Plus he left through the patio when I was turned away." He flew to my shoulder as I rounded the corner of the house to the forest behind it. "I don't trust either of them. That's why I went to go find you when the Raccoon left." I ignored his comments and walked into the middle of the forest. Ohm's force field keeping the training arena safe from normals is marked by a twig at four directs. I looked at a small stick with a rock at the end of it and stepped forward. To open this force field it has to be proven that the one opening it has powers. So I rolled my wrists and closed my eyes. I could hear Batowl fly away from my current location. Good riddance. Finally, I focused my energy and felt all the owl's near me eyes. A ton of large beady eyes waiting for me to make my next move. "I'll never take my wings out." I whispered at them. "You're wasting your time." I felt power surge from within me and a small click indicated that the door had been opened.

"Finally!" I heard Tyler groan from inside. I turned and walked in.

"We were getting worried." Ohm sighed. I rubbed the back of my neck and laughed.

"Yeah sorry guys. I got distracted. Anyways, have you all warmed up?" I questioned. Each one of them nodded at me. "Where is Mini and Moo?" Tyler and Brian moved to the side to reveal the two normals standing excitedly next to each other. "Ohm, will you place a shield around them so that they don't get hurt in the crossfire?" Ohm smiled at the two of them and led each to the edge of the arena. He whispered something under his breath and a gigantic clear shield appeared in front of them. Both of them thanked Ohm and he walked back over to me. "Will you be able to hold that and take on an individual?"

"I'll be fine Vanoss." He moved away from me and stood next to Cartoonz. I turned to address my team, looking out at all of them. A gust of wind blew in my face.

"Everyone. Today I wanted to give you all a challenge. I've always put you guys up against a random member testing skills. Well, today you are going to be fighting your closest friend here." I smirked as everyone stared at me. "First round, Nogla vs. Lui." The two of them looked wide eyed at each other. "Please stand next to your competitor." Both of them moved slowly to stand directly next to each other. They looked worried. Good. "Second round, Basically vs. FourZeroSeven. Let's do regular fighting for the two of you. Everyone else does power training." I watched the two give apologetic glances at each other as they moved to each other's side. "Third round, Ohm and Cartoonz." The entire team hitched their breath. Everything went quiet. Ohm and Cartoonz NEVER fight. Period. They didn't even glance at each other when I said it. They just stared at me. I turned my head. "Fourth round, Wildcat vs. Terroriser." They moved next to each other and grinned. "This does not affect rank." They all groaned in unison as I started the rules. "No killing, fowl play, leaving the arena, holding back and or going easy on your opponent, and no using weapons. The match will be over when one person has the other in a move where they would have been dead. Nogla, Lui. You two are up. Everyone else go behind Ohm's shield."

"Shit." Nogla cursed. Lui just looked down and walked to the other side of the training arena. Nogla turned in the other direction, his fists clenched tightly at his sides. I could tell they were mad at me. Everyone besides Tyler and Brian. But the worst, was Cartoonz and Ohm. I knew it would be a bad idea partnering them up as opponents, but it had to be done. They know each other inside and out. I have to know if they are willing to put aside their relationship for the team.

"This isn't cool man." Tyler whispered in my ear. I looked around and saw that Nogla and Lui were getting into position. Everyone wasn't paying attention to me, but looking out at them. Mini and Moo's excited demeanor changed suddenly. Maybe they are finally realizing that this isn't a joke.

"I know Wildcat. I need to know you guys are willing to put your friend relationships past each other for the benefit of the team." Tyler didn't look at me. "I know what I'm doing."

"But what about Ohm and Cartoonz? Ohm hasn't used power fighting before. We don't even know how powerful he is..."

"Tyler. Relax. I've got it." He growled slightly before turning away from me and going over to Mini. He ruffled the Mini's hair and stood next to him. Everyone watched in anticipation as Nogla and Lui got into battle stances.

"Let's give them a show boys." I whispered. "Let's give them a show."

—————

I decided to include a little bit of how Vanoss is responding to Delirious' name because bitch he isn't fucking stupid. Something is up and this bish know it sis. Also I just wanted to say that Vanoss isn't trying to be an asshole at this point in time. He's trying to prepare the team for anything that could possibly happen. Also, I rewrote this chapter like ten times so just ask me if you have any questions!

❤️