New life

Danielle woke in a dark room with one ray of bright light lighting up a line on the back wall; she moved the start of the light slowly being cautious of where she steeped. As she got closer she could make out the shape of a door without a lock. She turned the knob on the door opening it slowly at first, trying to prevent any sound that might come from it. Her heart thundered inside her chest as she wondered where she was. The door opened without a creak and she peaked an eye outside to see what awaited her. She was relieved to see a clearing filled with trees and other little cabins. She opened the door fully and stepped out into the bright light that was brighter then expected. It hit her eyes like a punch in the nose blinding her for a minute and making her eyes water; she closed them quickly to let them try to adjust to the light. She could hear many different voices as she stumbled forward. Her head hurt and she was slowly starting to remember what had happened the day before and than all of a sudden it all came rushing back to her, the man coming for her fathers money, him giving her away, and the tear stained face of Kennedy as she cried out to her sister in terror. Anger flared in the pit of her stomach for the man that had taken her away from her home. Finally Danielle opened her eyes that had almost fully adjusted to the light, but her heart was still pained at her memories as she took a step forward. She tripped over her own feet and went hurtling off the porch toward the dusty ground, she braced herself for the hit but someone caught her. She looked up to see a man who was roughly 40 to 50 years old. He had dark brown short hair and deep blue eyes, he wore a tux and was fairly tall about she guessed around 6.2. A radiant smile flashed down at her "You ok?" he asked exasperation in his voice. He was fairly attractive for an older man she might of only been 10 but she could tell what an attractive and unattractive man was already but all she felt towards him or anyone right now for that matter was anger. Her anger wasn't really towards him but towards her father, towards the man in the wagon, and to anyone that was part of bringing her to this strange place. At this moment though she had to take her anger out at someone "Let me go you bastard!!" she screamed at him and pulled away, he didn't let go instead his grip tightened and he pulled her up straight his eyes now narrowed "I'm sorry" he said with no meaning "I didn't realize catching someone when they fall was a crime" his grin widened as he saw anxiety flash across her face. "Who ever said it was a crime?" she replied "Did you ever stop to think maybe I don't want to owe any sort of dept to anyone?" she began to walked away trying to look confident but he fell into pace beside her "So where are you going" he asked it as if he was quizzing her. "Why do you care?" she asked "Well I want to know where your taking me" he replied clearly believing his statement. She rolled her eyes and turned to look at him "I'm going home" she said before beginning to walk away again. He had shock registered on his face as he stepped in front of her "This is your home now" he said his tone harsh, no longer the friendly man she had first met. "No I don't live here and I will do what I please" she stepped around him as quickly as she could and moved away "God! Must he always bring the stubborn ones?" he said just loud enough so she could hear. Curiosity replaced her former anger, what did he mean? "Max deal with her" he shouted across the field, her pace quickened she didn't want to meet Max and she had a feeling Max wasn't looking forward to meeting her. But all Danielle wanted was to go home. All of a sudden a large set of hands grabbed her by the waist and flung her against a tree close to them, her back faced the trunk and she moved trying to run away from him again, he grabbed her arms and pinned her to the tree "Where do you think your going!" he sneered and than she stopped dead. This was the man that had brought her here! Her eyes widened and anger over run her fear of him, she began fighting back but it was making her weaker and weaker with every blow and he barely flinched when her fists made contact. He finally had enough and brought his hand down hard on her already pale face, she cried out and bent over putting a hand gingerly on where he struck her. Another hit came this time to her back she screamed louder and fell to the ground. She curled in a ball waiting for him to stop. Finally she looked up "You're a slave girl!" he shouted in her ear "No I'm not!" she cried in defiance "I was born free and I'm going to be free!" she cried out. He straitened out again a smug smile appeared on his face "your stupid that's the wrong answer" he turned and picked up a stick off the ground in front of him. He moved back toward her and tightened his hand on the stick, fear swept over her. He struck her over and over again, it became a beat he would hit she would cry or scream and the process repeated itself many times over. As she saw him start to move the stick down on her again she squeezed her eyes shut tensing up but the blow never came. She looked up and he was just standing there staring at her "you're a slave your masters can use for whatever they please and you'll listen to them for the rest of your life" he dropped the stick and walked away leaving her there to weep away her pain and sorrows.