Chapter Thirty-Two

B'S POV

It's been a week and already you can see that Heather will not last for very long. She was covered in angry deep red bruises, blood slowly streaming out of various cuts all over her body. She could barley stay conscious anymore. Being that she was only a pawn in your plan, you couldn't care less if she lived or not. But she was a fighter.

Every now and then, when she wasn't whimpering in pain, she would sigh out Zayn's name. She seemed so at peace when the sound of his name rung through her ears, like he was going to burst through the door in an array of light and save her.

You would sometimes rant to her in a fit of anger, complaining about the dimwit Liam and why he now holds Kaylie's affection. Your plan seemed simple at the time; kill Niall, get Kaylie. But Liam has made things all too complicated. Heather would never answer any of your questions and instead wrapped her arms tightly around the growing bulge in her stomach as if to protect it.

She was due in a couple of weeks now and you can tell she was counting down the days. You would sometimes smirk and tell her that the baby is probably dead by now, considering the lack of nutrition she's been consuming. She would just get a blank look on her face and ignore you, muttering out Zayn's name once again.

You were quickly getting bored of her, seeing that she was useless to you. She wouldn't give you any details about Kaylie, no matter how much you torchered it out of her. You needed things to move faster, you needed Kaylie to fall into your trap. But where is she?

“What's taking her so long,” you growled to yourself, peering out the dark tinted window. It looks like it was up to you to guide her here.

Obviously Liam doesn't let her out of his sight, but that's not a problem. Lead him here, and she will follow. 

KAYLIE'S POV

Liam was going to spend the day with Zayn, combing the city for signs of Heather. You felt horrible for being the only person who knew about what really happened to her and you felt even worse for not being able to do anything about it. You keep praying that your phone will ring with a text from B, telling you where she was. It was obvious that he wanted to make a trade; your life for Heather's freedom. And you were ready to make that trade.

You spent another full day with Logan, hearing him talk about how much he loved 'Unlce Liam'. You still couldn’t shake off the pang of annoyance in you, knowing that he used to talk about Niall this way. You knew he still cared about Niall, but it was as if in a blink of an eye he just let Niall go. You almost envied him for this, wondering how you could just move on from something or someone that you loved so much.

When it started to get late, you made your way back to your apartment. The streets were quiet, the lights dimming for the night. You started rummaging for your keys as you walked up the steps to your apartment, but when you got to the door you saw it was hanging wide open.

You crept into the pitch dark room slowly, looking around. “Liam,” you called out, thinking he beat you here and left the door open by accident. But no one answered.

You flicked on the light and sucked in a gasp through your teeth. The apartment was trashed; pictures were ripped into pieces, glass was shattered on the floor, every cupboard was emptied out completely, all of it's contents scattered. Worst of all, Niall's guitars case was gone. In it's place was a small piece of paper, crinkled and teared like it was shoved in someones pocket in a rush.

'This apartment has been torn apart, just like a certain someone's heart. If you want Heather back then do as I ask; come to the place where your heart was lost and there is where you will find her. - B'

This note seemed odd to you. He would usually end his messages with his signature “-B xox” but for this one note he chose to do differently. It seemed as if this note wasn't meant for you.

You felt your foot step on a smashed picture frame, the glass shards pricking the sole of your shoe. The picture the frame was holding has been stabbed through the middle, creating a barrier between you and a smiling Niall on his 19th birthday. You were about to bend down a pick it up when you heard a familiar voice call for you from the front door.