John Lennon x male!reader

~Your POV~
I walked into the school halls at 7:15. School doesn't start until 8:00 so that means I still have forty-five minutes till class starts. It was my first day and I struggled to find my locker but when I did I couldn't open it. I got frustrated and punched the damn thing. This was the second school this year and it's only March. I've split up my sophomore year between two schools and spent the better part of holidays on the road.
A boy walked over, he was tall and acted like he should be wearing glasses but didn't seem to have any.
"Do you need some help?"
I sighed then nodded and handed him the sheet of paper with my locker code on it.
He opened it easily and handed the paper back to me.
"What is your name?"
"(Y/n) (Y/l/n)." I say quietly.
"Well, I like that name."
"What is your name?" I say trying to sound polite.
"John Lennon," he says.
Then the bell rings and I turn around and walk to my first-period class. I sit in the back and more students begin to file in.
Then John walks in, I sigh and rub my face. Why is my life literally a bad high school movie?
Of course, he sees me and sits down right next to me. The teacher walks in and looks around.
"Okay class, we have a new student in class today, (Y/n) would you please come up here and say a few words about yourself?"
I reluctantly stand up and walk to the for of the class.
"My name is (y/n) and I like to do art and write."
I start to walk back to my seat when she grabs my shoulder.
"Not so fast, we need to find you a buddy to show you around campus. Now, who would like to do that?"
"Oh, that isn't nec-"
John raises his hand and she points at him.
"Okay John, it is your job for the rest of the week to show (y/n) around."
I pull out of her grip and go to my seat. At the end of class, I am writing down the homework, a small paper on your favorite role model. Great...
I pack up my things when the bell rings and start to walk out.
"Hey (Y/n) wait up! I'm supposed to help you get to your next class."
I sigh then stop at the door and turn around waiting for him to catch up.
"What room is your next class?"
"A6"
"Okay, that is right down the hall, how about I walk you."
"If you insist."
We both begin to walk down the hall in silence.
"I hope this isn't too forward but what team do you bat for?"
I look up at him confused.
"I don't play baseball."
"No, I mean which way do you swing."
I still look up at him confuses then it hits me. He means am I gay!
"Men, I like men."
"So do I."
I raise an eyebrow.
"Are you sure you aren't going to make fun of me for being a fairy?"
"No, I'm being serious."
"Sure, okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
•Time skip to lunch•
(bought to you by John's sarcasm)
I took my tray and sat down at an empty table, then two trays hit the table in front of me and one next to me.
When I look up it is two boys I don't know and John next to me.
"Who are you?" I asked closing my notebook and holding it to my chest.
"They are my friends, that one with the eyelashes is Paul..." Paul smiles.
"Nice to meet you," Paul says and I nod.
"... And the one stuffing his face is George."
He smiles and again, I nod.
"I am (Y/n)."
The rest of lunch we talked some but I mostly listened to the others talk. I was thinking about was I wanted to write my report on.
"Hey John, the English report is due tomorrow right?"
"I don't know, I think so?"
"Okay."
After lunch, he showed me to my last two classes then, when I went back to my locker I learned that John's locker was right next to mine.
"Hey, do you want me to show you around the rest of the school?"
"I guess, my dad won't be here for another hour anyway."
When I look up at him he is making a stupid face (you all know the one) and it honestly scared me for a second.
"Ah, shit!" I take a deep breath then smiled ever so slightly.
"Hell yeah!" he says and punches the air.
"What?" I ask confused, the smile fading.
"I have been trying to get you to smile all day, you just always have your head down and have missed everything."
"Like what?"
"Like a lunch I put two straws in my mouth and acted like a walrus, singing 'I AM THE WALRUS' over and over again."
"Yeah, to be honest, I ignored you because I didn't want to be labeled as 'that kid on the first day.'"
"Fair enough, anyway, if you walk this way, on your right is freshmen hall, further up on the left is the detention classroom..."
"I'm guessing you know that room well," I remark and smirk.
We continued the tour and ended up behind the bleachers.
"And this is where everyone makes out."
"Why did you bring me here?"
"Because maybe I want to make out with you."
"Not so fast Lennon, I just met you."
"Fair enough, just keep that in mind though."
I nod then roll my eyes, all of a sudden there is a loud car horn that sounds from across the campus. I bite my lip and peck his cheek then frantically take off running to the front of the school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
•Time skip to that night in a motel•
(Brought to you by Paul stealing John's glasses!)
I am sitting on the bed, pencil in hand wondering what to write about. My cheek is stinging from where my dad hit me, so that means he is out of the question, then I remember my history teacher from my last school and get an idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
•Time skip to tomorrow morning•
(Brought to you by John yelling at the crowd to shut up and let Paul talk)
"Okay class, you should have written the paragraph about your favorite role model, now we are going to go through and everyone will get a turn to present theirs."
I roll my eyes and look over at John who Is asleep. I kick his leg and he wakes up and flips me off. She looks around the class and I avoid eye contact, then she calls oh John. He goes up and I don't when want to tell you what he said because it was so bad.
After a few more students went up she called on me and I sighed, grabbed my paper, and walk up to the front of the room.
I am a little shaky but I look out at the class and take a deep breath.
"My report is about my 9th-grade history teacher. He is my biggest role model because one day while we were sitting in class and talking about the truth and reconciliation meetings in South Africa. He told us a story about how his best friend had been killed. His friend had been driving in a car with his wife, Kids, and Parents. Two men have been arguing across the street from each other and one of them had pulled a gun on the other one, the man with the gun went to shoot the man across the street, and when he did he ended up accidentally shooting my teacher's friend in the head. After the trial was over and the man was sentenced, the wife said that she wanted to speak with a man. She met with him and she told him she forgave him. My history teacher said that he had made this woman because he believed he could never do that, he said he would be so angry trust facing this man who had killed his loved one. The whole time a smile never left his face, the man was always happy and it shocked me to see that even when he was talking about something so painful he is still always so upbeat. He always said it was because he loves what he did, working with children and teaching them but I will never forget what he taught me, he taught me that horrible things happen in life, things you think you'll never get over, things you think will never stop hurting, and they won't but you still have to live your life; no matter what, you have to keep going, keep smiling. That is why my 9th-grade history teacher, is my biggest role model."
I closed my notebook then went and sat down. The whole class slowly started clapping, then everyone went silent. The teacher stood up in front of the class and wiped her fingers under her eyes.
"(Y/n) that was a beautiful story, that you for sharing something so personal." Then the bell rang and I put my notebook in my bag and hurried to my locker not waiting for John. I opened the door slowly and just stood there staring at my books. I read their spines over and over again trying to calm my nerves.
"Chemistry, History, English, Math, Health, Spanish."
John walked up to me and put a hand on my shoulder. The hallway was clearing out and the final bell rang but we both were still just standing there.
"John?" I say quietly.
"Yeah?" He answers.
"Why do you care about me?"
"Because I have known kids like you, kids that keep moving around, that never stay planted, but you seem different. You try to stay numb but you can't, you really love people."
I stay quiet then I slowly close my locker door, turn then lean into his chest. He pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head. I start crying hard and hug him even tighter.
"M-my cheek stings," I say through my tears.
"Why?"
"My dad slapped me for being late, he has never done that before."
I saw a look of hatred in John's eyes but then they melted back to sympathy for me.
"It's okay, I'm here, I'll protect you."
"Promise?"
"Promise."
~end~
___________________________
A/n: Sorry that this isn't the happiest story but that quote was a real story that my history teacher told us, and it stuck with me. I felt like I should share it. Anyway, I hope this is good and that
@EleanorRigby1966 liked the story they requested. Sorry, it's so late, enjoy :).