f i v e

*spongebob narrator voice*
4 months later...

e f f i e

   today is the day. no, i'm not getting married. today is harry and i's official court date for finalizing our divorce.

   it seems like just yesterday i was crying of laughter with harry while eating ben and jerry's ice cream on my parent's couch.

   i shake my head at the memory, and start my car, heading to the court.

● ● ●

    "effie." i hear harry state from behind me.

    i look back at him. "harry."

    "so i see it's come to this." he says, obviously irritated.

    "you can just move on, you know?"

    harry gives me a look of disbelief, "you really think i said that i still loved you, for no reason?"

    "people can use that for guilt, harry. i'm not stupid."

    "jesus, i know you're not stupid," he runs his hair through his fingers. "you're being bloody ignorant, now. i fucking love you, how many times do i have to say that?"

    "i try so hard and i'm never the one. i was never the important one, harry! the last months of us being married were about you because i never knew where you truly were! whether it was in your head, or the actual placement in the world!"

    "what?" i can see his neck vein popping out. "the last fifteen years have been about us. the first few months that we were married were and have been about us. it's never been about just you or just me, it's always been about what we both want."

     "you know what?" i yell.

     "what?"

     "let's just get this over with, and we can be out of each other's lives."

     harry's gaze softens, his whole demeanor softening. "alright."

--------------------------------------

Short, but very necessary. 

Two chapters left including an epilogue.