White Walls

I woke up to see the pale white hospital walls around me and my parents, Uncle Rom, Aunt Franchesca, and Lidia looking at me worried. Winona was on her phone as if she was bored. I didn’t need to look to know that Aden was right beside me with his head resting on my leg because the tingles and sparks I feel when we touch were way more intense than normal. I groaned when I tried to move my head to look at him from the pain I felt in my head.

Aden’s head shot up.

“Oh my God. Baby, you scared me. I was so worried.” Aden said into my hair as he hugged me tight.

 My parents were the next to speak.

“Mi pobre bebé. Everything’s alright. Eres una chica torpe.”(My poor baby. Everything’s alright. You are such a clumsy child.) My mother said softly as she kissed my forehead.

“You had us all worked up darling. Do you remember anything that happened?” My dad said as he squeezed my hand that wasn’t in Aden’s. Uncle Rom made his way to my side as well.

“No, I honestly can’t remember anything.” I really couldn’t and with this headache I had I didn’t really want to think too hard.

 “It’s fine. Right now we’re just glad you’re okay.” dad gave me a gentle hug.  

“He’s right, kiddo.” Uncle Rom leaned in by my ear. “Red over hear was freaking out just as much as your mother” he said referring to Aunt Franchesca. She looked very worried, almost as worried as Aden.

“Everyone I am fine. Calm down. Where is Kingsley?”They were acting as if I was dying.

“Your brother is on his way here, so is Vivianna.” My mother answered and Aden’s response came right after.

“Annalise, you fainted in class and fell on your head but not before you hit your head on the corner of a desk and almost busted your head. It’s very hard for me to believe you are fine.”

“Wow” was all that left my mouth. It would be just my luck that I hit a desk on my way down. But as I thought about it I still couldn’t remember. Whatever happened to me was a blur and I couldn’t remember most of it. I just remembered pain. Lidia stood up with Winona right behind her.

“Aden don’t be so stern .Winona and I are hungry. We will be at the food court. I’m so glad you are okay.” Lidia hugged me before exiting with Winona. She was just so proper.

“We’re pretty hungry too. We’ll join you guys.” Uncle Rom and Aunt Franchesca began to exit with them. Aunt Franchesca came and kissed my forehead.

“You frightened me, darling.” Aunt Franchesca said before she began walking to the door also.

The doctor walked in when they were walking out.

“Ahh. I see you’re awake. That was quite a fall you took.” She walk over and smiled down at me.

“Now, the back of your head is bruised, so you’ll have a knot back there. But other than that you’re fine and you can leave after your parents go sign the papers at the front desk.” She answered some question my parents and Aden had. All the while I was trying to remember what happened. “Okay, I’ll have a nurse come to take the bandage from your head.” With that she left the room.

“Okay, baby girl. Your mother and I are going to go get that paper work done. We’ll meet you at home.” They both kissed my forehead before walking out.

“I’ll go find a wheel chair and go bring the car to the front entrance for you. Okay kitty?” He is so dramatic.

“Aden, I hit my head not lost a leg. I can walk.”