chapter 7

__

__

"Seeing you again made me realize even more, that letting you go was the best thing I've ever did."

__

Kellie Bowman P.O.V.

I go downstairs, ready to face my ex of over a year.

"Hi Stephanie." I give her a smile, and bring her into a hug.

"Hi Micheal." I add, turning towards Micheal but I just wave at him.

I really don't like Stephanie because she was the girl Micheal was cheating on me with but Micheal left me for her which cause all my pain to go away.

But I will not be going into detail of my past relationship, instead I'm going to focus on the present and future.

I grab a cracker from the table, putting it in my mouth as my mom fills me a glass of red wine.

Sometimes I feel alcoholic.

My mom hands me my glass and I sit beside her and my dad but across from Eleanor.

"How is it going in California?" Margie and Eleanor's mom asks, to Eleanor and me.

"Pretty good." I reply, trying not to go into full detail, I've been in college two years but this is Eleanor's first year.

"My teachers are super nice, and we spend the weekends having fun." Eleanor wants to ramble but she's holding in to not ramble.

Why can I actually relate?

"I'm going to start working on a documentary starting tomorrow about this event I'm creating for Alice and her best friend Gabriel." Between the four of us, we choose Alice to have a fictional weeding.

It's not only going to be funny, but for my extra credit.

"A weeding?" Alice mom joins the conversation.

"Yeah, but for extra credit so it won't actually be real. Get it?" I try to explain it.

DING

I take out my phone with a smile, expecting to see a text from Corbyn but my happiness is cut short when I realize its Alice instead.

I scan it quickly, knowing that its about her being excited over the event going on next weekend.

I look up to make eye contact with Micheal who seems not to like me smiling.

What the hell is going on with him?

I take a sip out of my glass, ignoring the look that Micheal is giving me.

DING

I look down at my phone again, and again its Alice but its a complete different topic.

I do as she instructs, heading to Instagram and type 'Corbyn Besson' in my search bar.

He just posted a video rambiling on how much he misses me without even saying my name.

I lock my phone once again, focusing on the chat going around the room but the smile can't leave my face.

We've only known each other for two weeks, and I'm smiling like crazy- And its a dare, I'm not even suppose to be feeling like this. But I like looking at my phone every few minutes, waiting for Corbyn to text me.

"Kellie, are you listening?" I shake my head, looking at Micheal who calls me.

"Uhh, no. Were you saying something?"

"I'm just wondering if you're doing anything tomorrow? We can go on a girls day out." Stephanie offers.

"Yeah, sure. I mean, I'm free the whole weekend." I'm just agreeing so she won't stay with Micheal for so long.

"YEEYYYY! It's going to be so fun, like you don't understand." Stephanie giggle, and I'm starting to get slightly annoyed.

Maybe because my period just came? I'm not sure but that's probably it because I tend to become bitchy during my seven days of hell.

We spend the next four hours chatting up about what has been going on recently during our life- And we're twelve people.

"I'm going to bed, see y'all tomorrow." I wave at them, putting the empty glass wine in the kitchen sink.

I turn around, heading upstairs and to my bedroom.

DING

baby boy

goodnight munchkin

I smile, typing back.

me

goodnight baby

I put my phone to charge, and move all the items on the ground but perfectly because I don't want to re-do this tomorrow morning.

I go back to my bed, closing my eyes and about to go into a deep slumber- BUT someone stops me.

"Hey." I open my eyes, looking up to see Micheal.

I throw the blankets on the floor, pushing myself as farther away from him due to my first instinct.

Why? I think you already put the puzzles together.

"You shouldn't be here." I mumble as he steps into my room.

"Stephanie wouldn't mind, and I'm sure you wouldn't either." A smirk starts playing on his lips.

"I sure would mind." I snap.

"That's not what you used to say."

"Yeah! A year ago!" I don't want to be here, oh let me dig a whole and crawl into it.

"Micheal!" I hear Stephanie calling him.

"You're just lucky aren't you." Micheal is stopped from walking any closer to me when he turns around, going to meet up with his girlfriend.

I let out a sigh, walking up to my door and locking it before I go back to my bed.

I tried to forget it, but it's never forgettable. Its like no matter what I do, its always there. Always here.

Always haunting me.

No matter what I do, it follows me.

It still haunts me and I don't think it will ever stop.