The Man Who Lived in a Giant Pumpkin

Once upon a time there was a man with purple hair who lived inside a giant pumpkin. He had carved the pumpkin, and all of the furniture inside it, himself. It had taken a full week to carve the whole thing. Everything inside it was carved as well. Couches and tables and beds were all carved into the walls and floors of the pumpkin.

                “That’s curious,” the purple-haired man, Glenn, said while looking at the mold beginning to grow on one of his windowsills.

                The fact that mold was growing was not weird. It was a pumpkin after all. What was weird was how soon the mold had started growing. It was still early October. The pumpkin should have still been quite healthy.

                “Oh well,” Glenn sighed, “Time to move soon.” The beauty of living inside giant pumpkins was that he could create anything he wanted. Although carving was a lot of work, he could literally create his dream house.

                During summer months, Glenn preferred to live inside giant watermelons. Carving them was generally the same, but they smelled a lot better when a fresh breeze passed through.

                So Glenn packed up his things and headed out on his journey to find another pumpkin that would be suitable for his lifestyle.