Chapter 1: (Lexi's POV)

Wazzup this is Crazy Cleo (not a stalker...true story) asking you to please, PLEASE help me out;

this is my first time ever writing and i hope its good. If i am doing something wrong please tell me

nicely or give a sudgestion. I get that nobody might read this but my goal is to get at least 100

people to read this story.

P.S. tell me if it's a good start and if not then please hang in there with me:).....MOSTACHE!!!! :{ ) 

Chapter1: (Lexi's POV)

As I walked through the forest, an eerie chill filled the air. The wind nipped at my nose and my fingers as I struggled to trudge onward. Dry twigs and dead leaves crunched under my feet; the sun was long gone, but moonlight streamed through the empty branches and danced upon the lightly falling rain. A large gust of wind drove me back a step and whipped my long brown hair into my face. A shiver ran down my spine and I clenched my teeth to keep them from chattering.  I tilted my face to the sky searching for the stars that were hidden under a blanket of dark clouds. The rain drops splattered on my face as I closed my eyes and sighed, I would have to go back soon; for it was getting late.

I had spent the day out in the Dessian Forest that surrounds our small town of Aspen, Colorado. My bare feet were numb after hours of roaming the forest alone with my thoughts. The rain picked up till it felt like needles against my face. Soaking wet, I ran for the cover of a large oak with the broken remains of a tree house nestled in its branches. The tree house swayed precariously in the wind; no way was this thing safe, I thought to myself. Rotting, splintered boards hung down and rusted nails peaked up between the layer of damp leaves and twigs that were littered upon the floor. Suddenly Lightning light up the sky and thunder shook the earth, reminding me that I had to find shelter somewhere.

Slowly I climbed up testing each of the boards as I went. The tree house was damp but dry. I lifted myself up and pulled out my small backpack. It had been a gift from my grandma for my tenth birthday. It was from Cabella’s, a small luxury we normally couldn’t afford, but Grace had said to pay no mind to the price for me turning ten was not something that happened everyday. I smiled softly at the memory, grateful that the pack was waterproof. I rummaged around and pulled out an apple and a small blanket. I bit into the apple juice exploding in my mouth, in less than seconds it was gone. Laying out the blanket on the floor I collapsed exhausted, and watched the rain fall in the forest. It was so peaceful, the rhythmic and lulling sound of the rain on the roof of the tree house. I silently thanked God for this shelter from the storm.

Soon my turned thoughts to my grandmother, Grace; she was probably home right now in our small apartment above the antique shop she runs. She had probably made soup or tea and was reading one of her sappy romance novels she loves so much by the fireplace. I faintly remembered my mother rocking me in that very chair, reading a bedtime story to me.

"No; don’t think of that", I scolded myself.

My stomach growled loudly and I realized that the apple was the first thing I had eaten all day. My eyelids were becoming heavier and heavier as they drooped closed. I pulled the blanket around me, its warmth enveloping me, and before I knew it I had drifted off to sleep.

  Something jolted me awake; I lay there wondering why I was so cold, and why the hair on my neck stood up in apprehension.

I was being watched. I don’t know how I knew but I did; I was sure of it.

I slowly turned on the hard floor. Wait. What? The hard floor? Why was I on the floor? My eyes had finally adjusted to the darkness and memories slammed into me; I was in a tree house, in the woods, after I had ran away to gather my thoughts. A low growl ripped through the forest, suprisingly it didn't seem threatening, just soft. I slowly rose and with the silence that takes years of practice I looked out the small shattered window.