Chapter 12 ~ Dylan

After I walked Sky home in silence, I crashed. Sky didn't talk, and we were both tired so I thought I would leave it till morning. I was awoken by the sound of Mum's voice rattling the walls.

"6 o'clock in the morning, Joe? Really? That's crazy, you know that!"

"I know that I'm tired, can you please lecture me after I've slept?" He groaned.

"Joeseph, this is unaccept- those better not be what I think they are!" Mum yelled.

"Mum... I'm sorry"

"Sorry doesn't cover this. I can't believe you've been smoking. What would your father, a doctor, say?" Joe must have been pretty messed up to start smoking. We both know Mum is ruthless, we can't hide anything from her.

"Dad? I don't even know him anymore! He's just your ex husband who lives in London. He means nothing to me!" Now it was Joe's turn to yell. I decided I'd heard enough, so I got up from my bed and quickly pulled on some jeans and a hoodie and I headed next door to Sky's. I knocked on the door and Sky appeared, a pink cushy duvet around her shoulders and her eyes red and bloodshot.

"If you've come to say I told you so, then save it, my Dad got there first." She grumbled.

"I'm still not clear on what happened last night. Can I come in?" Sky let me imams closed the door behind me. A mountain of cushions was on the sofa and a box of Jaffa cakes were set in the coffee table. Sky chucked some cushions over to the armchair, in order to make room for us both to sit down.

"Jaffa cakes for breakfast, seriously?" I asked.

"There very nutritious. You have your source of fruit, sugar and carbohydrate and its dark chocolate on the top so it's not even that bad." She stated while turning the volume of whatever reality tv show she was watching down.

"Great. Now, can I get an update on last night please?" I asked.

"What do you know?" Sky sighed.

"That Joe came back very late last night, and for some reason he has started smoking."

"Yeah, I found out about that new habit when I went to talk to him. Oh, and then he broke up with me." Sky stated at the tv, but she was clearly absent minded.

"I was sure you were going out there to break up with him?"

"I had the mind to, but I was still a little reluctant. I guess Joe just beat me to the post."

"I'm sorry, Sky."

"I'm not. Joe's not the same anymore. He just did what I was too scared to do." She shifted her gaze from the tv to me and shrugged. Even while looking exhausted and sad, Sky was unbelievably attractive. In that moment, all of my doubts and mental restrictions were lifted from my mind, so I leaned forward and kissed her.