Chapter 43

I don't know what to do and all I see is red through my tears. All I can hear in my head is, "Put her in her place." I let people have their say but she doesn't know who she's dealing with. I feel my legs start to move to proceed after her. I follow her out into the parking lot where only two people mingle in the cold.

I don't know how I got my coat and how I made it out here but all I know is my hand reaches out and I grab her shoulder twirling her ass around. Smack! I watch her stumble from the blow. She looks at me, anger and flashes of red burning in her eyes as she holds her cheek. She screams and tries to lunge at me but I move to the right and she stumbles to the ground. I scramble to the ground and we begin to fight. She grabs my hair trying to cause pain but I can't feel anything; all I can feel is anger.

I say nothing but punch her while she scratches and smacks at me too. "Suzette!" My body is lifted off of her and I quickly lunge back to her and kick her in the stomach. She coughs and crunches over in pain. Eventually, she recovers within seconds and charges to me as I bolt over to her but we are both pulled back. "Delilah stop!" Retorts Zaven.

"Oh my goodness! What did you do Delilah?" Growls Steven. Reality settles back into me and I see Chris and one of  Zaven's friends holding Delilah back while Blayze and Damon are holding me back. Luna has a smirk on her face while Maddie is just flabbergasted by the whole situation. The kids stand quietly confusion in their facial expressions.

"What do you mean?! She attacked me."

"I know Suzette, Delilah! She wouldn't react like this unless you did something or said something!" Hollers Blayze.

"I beg your pardon?!" Exclaims Delilah.

I roll my eyes and Luna steps into the conversation saying, "We know you are at fault and you know exactly what you did or said. No need to act dumb if you're already dumb, Delilah. You told her something that angered her. What was it?"

"Not that I'm aware of..." equivocates Delilah.

"Suzette are you okay?" Blayze ask me gently. He grabs my face into his hands and forces me to look at him. I fight my tears and nod yes. "Chris, Zaven, please finish wrap up this childish game she's playing. I'm taking my wife home." His wife. That brings so much joy in my heart when Blayze said that.

We drive home in complete silence. I'm too embarrassed to speak or to explain myself. Blayze does t say a single word and I'm actually really glad that he doesn't. I speed out of the car and to the house when he parks in the garage. I don't wait for him not really wanting to talk to him either. I just can't help but hear Delilah's words in my head mocking me and haunting me.
"He's using you... "I'm going to get Blayze and there's nothing you can do about it because you can't provide what Blayze needs, an obedient classy sophisticated wife. You're not good enough"...He's using you." I cuss as I stumble over a shoe in the pitch black bedroom. I find my way to the bathroom and wash my face clean from all of the makeup maybe washing off all of the insecurities as well. To no avail, my insecurities remain except for my make up which has been wiped away with water and makeup remover.

I open the bathroom door to see Blayze barely entering the room. I ignore him and walk over to the closet. I open one of the dress to retrieve my pajamas for that night. I settle with shorts that have navy blue and white vertical lines. I grab the patching button up short sleeve shirt as well. I only grab underwear since I don't like wearing bras to bed or in general. Right before I exit the closet, Blayze appears and we stand face to face- correction, chest to blank space. I'm looking at Blayze pecks while he is probably looking at nothing, not even my baby hairs are tall enough for him to actually have his eyes look at something.

"Excuse me." Is all I say as I brush by him. I speed walk to the bathroom and shut it close quickly before he can say anything. Not like he would since he's not the type to actually address a situation.