And If... We stop arguing ? | Pt. 2

•Chapter 29.

_______________________

TINASHE'S POV:

We all stopped speaking, waiting for another sound to come, but it didn't happen, so we all rushed into the room, with Richard and I leading the way. I gasped as I covered my mouth with my right hand, taken back by what I was seeing at the moment. The sight before my eyes was more than wonderful, I couldn't even believe it for the first few seconds as the new information registered in my head. After a minute, I knew for sure that I wasn't dreaming and it was indeed the reality, and I loved every bit of it.

My baby was finally awake !

His eyes were opened and he was looking everywhere in the room, surely trying to understand where he was at and what was going on. He wasn't moving much and after what he said, he didn't talk any further. I could see a bit of panic on his face as I carefully caressed his cheek.

My heart all of sudden felt lighter, it felt like a huge weight had been taken off my shoulders. My emotions were still all over the place, but this time the positive ones were overwhelming. I was beyond happy and felt so relieved to see him awake. If he stayed in this coma and never woke up from this, I would've never been able to forgive myself.

Even though we were arguing a few seconds ago, all of this immediately went out of the window as we instantly started gathering to RJ. He was the priority now, not us and how we felt at the moment towards each other.

I kissed his forehead slightly, then sat on the edge of the bed as Richard took his hand while he grabbed the remote with his free one to then press on a button to call a nurse.

"We're coming back later, so y'all can have this moment by yourselves." My mother told us as her, Tam and auntie Suz left.

"Thank you." I thanked them before getting my attention back on RJ.

"Hey, lil' man. How are you ? " Richard asked gently.

"Do you need anything ? " I then asked, searching for a glass of water.

There was a silence in the room before he could answer. His voice sounded a bit weak, but he was still his cute self. "I'm...hungry." He announced making us both laugh. I was glad to see that my baby stayed the same. Of course he was going to ask for food, it was RJ after all and this kid loved his food more than anything else.

A single tear fell out my right eye, which I wiped immediately. I thought I had cried all the tears of my body, but it seemed like I was wrong; except that this time it was tears of joy.

"Hi, did you call ? Oh my God, he's awake ! " The nurse rushed towards us, excused herself and began to do a quick checkup on RJ. "I'm going to get Dr. Gregoirs, I'll be back." She assured us before doing as she said.

"Thank you." We talked simultaneously.

We shared a quick look, but didn't say much to each other. We needed to talk, but it could only happen later because for now we had to take care of our son and make sure that everything was good with him.

As I was putting all the drama in the back of my head, I couldn't help but wonder if Richard and I would make it through this time. We loved each other, it was not a secret, but it won't be enough for us to make it work. Our relationship was so broken, at this point I didn't think we still had some kind of foundation anymore. Nothing was left there. We needed to re-build everything, but we first had to be willing to do that and both put effort in to save us.

Was it possible after what we just lived though ?

The way he projected his aggressiveness towards me in a time of need for the both of us was making it harder for me to see a future with him, but at the same time I couldn't see my life without him by my sides. I knew he had anger issues since we first met, and I helped him as much as I could to control it.