Avoiding the unavoidable - 4

George stared at the window. He had no idea why this girl was so different to all the others. Wasn't she also just another human? But whenever he caught sight of her reflection in the window he doubted his own thoughts. She was so imperfectly perfect. He pretended to be deep in thought as the fields changed into small towns as the train crept ever close to the capital. But he wasn't thinking of far off places or even their actual destination. The only thing he could focus on was that he somehow had to do something because y/n would be gone soon. Forever. So, he had to do something. But what? He looked at her. Gosh, she was beautiful. Even in the stained hoodie and with the messy hair. She fell asleep again not long before the train rolled through the outskirts of London.
"You should probably wake her again", Blake said, not looking up from his phone.
George huffed. Reece giggled.
George sighed in response. "Why are you like this?" He asked his friends slighty annoyed at their childishness. "Like what?" Blake asked trying to keep a straight face but starting to giggle again. Y/n stirred in her seat but didn't wake. George looked at her. How was anyone that gorgeous when they slept? "Stop oggling her and just marry her or something" Blake said before turning back to his phone.
George tore his gaze from the girl who was turning his world around without doing anything. Without warning, y/n shivered violently and was dangerously close to falling off the seat. He didn't think. He just did it.
Leaping up from his seat he sat down next to her in a matter of seconds and pulled her onto the seat. But once he had his arms around her he couldn't bear to let go. Holding her close to him seemed so natural. And instead of shrinking away from him or even waking up she just sighed in her sleep and snuggled into him.
George could only hope she did not have a boyfriend whom she was dreaming of. She put her legs on his lap and wrapped her arms around his torso.
George could smell the lemongrass from her shampoo on her hair and her flowery perfume. He could feel her breathing under his arm and the soft material of her hoodie under his fingers.
Her fingers moved behind his back and he feared she was waking but he just couldn't let go of her. The train lurched and y/n definitely stirred in a way that suggested she was waking.
George looked down into her somewhat tired face that was still half snuggled into his chest.
Then she blinked a few times and looked up into his face. Their eyes locked and he melted into hers. Like everything else about her, they were breathtaking and made him want to kiss her. And then, suddenly, as if only just realising what she was doing, y/n blushed a dark red and tried to disentangle herself from George.
But George couldn't move. He was frozen. Maybe because he was holding the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen and didn't want the moment to end. Maybe because he was too shocked that he was holding her in the first place. "I'm so sorry, George" she mumbled feebly, still bright red in the face and talking to her hands. George looked from her shaking hands into her face.
She had a panicked look on her face while tears were forming in her eyes. He suddenly noticed how irregular her breathing had become. 'No, no, no. This couldn't be happening now' George thought. Y/n was having a panic attack. She was shaking badly now, still in George's strong arms but his physicality was not going to help her mental state. "Hey, hey, hey" he whispered stroking her back what he thought was soothingly. Blake and Reece had had the sense not only to shut up but also leave the compartment as soon as they saw what was going on. "Y/n, please answer ok?" George said quietly. "Tell me five things you can see" he didn't dare speak louder than a whisper as the girl in his arms shook ever more violently. Her breathing was irregular and ragged. "Y/n" he said it so softly as if just saying it might break her. "What do you see?" He was still stroking her back. "Seat, hoodie, hands" she said as if it was costing it all her willpower to form words. "Door, hair" she finished and although she was still visibly shaking she seemed to have calmed at least a little bit. "Good, now four things you can hear" George encouraged her. It took her less time to answer this time.
"Rattling train, rain against the window, voices in the corridor" she paused as if straining to hear another sound. George thought she must hear his thundering heart that was pounding heavily in his chest into which she was leaning again now. "Your heart beat" she said eventually and George felt his heart stop for a second, as if not wanting her to hear it anymore.
But this was not about him. This was about her. "Now tell me three things you can feel." He felt his heart sink as he realised that she would probably only feel him considering she was still sat on his lap and was wrapped in his arms.
"Your arm around my back, your legs" she thought briefly again, her breathing close to normal again. "Your hoodie" she said eventually. George was finding it hard to continue and actually wanted to stop before his heart could expose him even more.
But he couldn't just give up. He had to finish. Y/n's breathing was close to normal, yes. But it wasn't quite normal yet. George swallowed hard. "Two things you can smell?" "Sandalwood and  mint tooth paste" She needed hardly any time to think about that and George blushed hard. He was finding it harder and harder to concentrate on what he was supposed to be doing or what he wanted to do. The only thing his brain seemed to be able to think was of how y/n was sat on his lap, cuddled into his chest, describing what she felt and smelt. It was driving him mad. "One thing I taste" she stated. And before George could react to what she had said or even look at her he felt a pair of soft lips pressed against his own. He felt her move on his lap making him even more uncomfortable. She was everywhere. Her hands were on his back and in his hair. Her mouth was on his. And she had disentangled her legs and was now straddling George. Every part of his body was reacting to something else and telling his brain something different. But the only clear thought George seemed capable of was how she was everything.
"You" she breathed against his lips a short while later. He thought long and hard but couldn't figure out what she meant. Y/n had obviously also noticed his incomprehension. "The last thing you should have asked was what I taste" she breathed her lips dangerously close to George's neck. "And I taste you", she said finally.  And George could only agree.
Every sense only picked up on her and he sighed heavily.

~*~

They kissed....yay....
Hope you enjoyed
Lots of love, D xx