Chapter 1: War Has Commenced

The morning was young, the sun peeking over the horizon ever so slightly. The scouts were ready, camouflaged by food coloring. They wore shades of green and tan and brown all over their starcth white bodies. It wasn't flawless but enough to fool the nim-witted enemy.

    Everyone knew that the Marshmallow species had declared war on the Spork race. No one picked sides. Well, no one outside of Idaho. There were hardly ever foreign affairs relating to politcs. The citizens of the newly-named land (Marashtopia as the left, Sporkistan as the right) were forced to take sides, however. Most sided with the Sporks as they seemed the strongest army.

   The scouts loaded their T.P. 400s, a gun loaded with toothpicks that ignited when blasted out of the rifle fit for a large marshmallow, about as big as a human index finger. They strapped them on their backs and made their way forward, miniature buck knives drawn.

   "Silence. Stealth. Careful." The lead marshmallow, Jiffy, whispered, making a hand gesture signaling for the group to stay low. The others nodded in confermation and the four formed a diamond figure to prevent ambush. They would make it as close to the camp as possible then scout and rendezvous in an hour by the entrance to the camp.

   They began to make their way into the dense forest that enclosed the camp, giving the Sporks the prefect advantage of ambush and element of surprise. They could be anywhere. The group was paranoid  to a slight extent. They all knew that this was the only scout mission since war had been declared. There was no reason for the Spork army to suspect the woods to harbor intruders.

   But that didn't mean they wouldn't.

   The scout group was getting closer. Jiffy eyed Bob, the left point of the diamond, and nodded. Bob disappearing into the woods almost immediately. He couldn't be seen or heard. The training had certainly paid off.

   Jiffy then turned to Jimmy, the right point. He didn't have to signal. He was off already. He turned and saw Joe. He gave thumbs up and climbed a tree, vanishing completely. That left Jiffy. Before he could do anything there was an explosion to the right off him. He turned to see debris raining down along with flaming balls. White ones. Even from here he could smell it. The aroma sent a chill down his spine. The smell was Jimmy. Before he had time to shout orders he was snatched by three Sporks. They disarmed him and gagged him his vision blurring. Before he blacked out he heard them say, "Grab the other two. This is an official declaration of war."