Chapter Two

***Niall's POV*** 

The brown chair slid easily across the tiled floor as I pulled it back away from the table. Lacey eased herself down into the chair, clutching the plum colored smoothie. Unconsciously, I watched her as I took my spot across from her. My eyes never left her beautiful face. I silently prayed she wouldn't notice, and thankfully, she didn't. I followed her gaze, and my eyes landed on Harry. 

I had been so absorbed in her beauty that I had not realized they had been talking and laughing since we sat down. Minutes must've passed as I stared at her, lost in my thoughts. I shook my head, snapping myself out of my trance and joined the conversation. 

"Well, I've been in London for a few weeks now. After my graduation party, I flew out here from Minnesota." Lacey told Harry, leaning forward, her elbows perched on the table. 

"So, you're eighteen?" I asked suddenly. 

"Yeah," she turned to answer me. I smiled when she shifted in her chair, her blue eyes looking directly into my own. "In America, you finish high school, hopefully, when you're eighteen!" 

"And why'd you come to London?" Harry wondered, taking another sip of his smoothie. He held it in one of his large hands, sitting back in his chair. 

"I wanted to go somewhere!" Lacey tossed her hands up in the air dramatically. Her voice had suddenly become louder, and I could tell she was getting excited. Her empty smoothie cup rested in the center of the table. I sat on the edge of my seat, ready to listen to her story. "Don't get me wrong, I love Minnesota. My friends, my family, the weather... everything! But I'm not the type of person that sits around at home all day. I want to have an adventure this summer, and that's exactly what I plan on doing." 

"So you've got an apartment here?" I interrupted. 

"Yeah, it's um... well I don't exactly know where it is." She pointed towards the entrance of the mall. "It's that way." 

"Oh yeah," Harry chuckled, "we know where that is!" 

"I'm still getting used to the city." Lacey defended herself. 

"We could always show you around sometime!" I offered, hoping she would say yes. 

"I'd love that! But first... I want to know more about you guys. I can't let two strangers show me around a huge city like London." She narrowed her eyes at us, flickering her gaze back and forth. "Tell me. Who are you?" I loved the look on her face. She looked like she was seriously trying to interrogate us, but she was struggling to hold down her smile.

"Well, I'm Harry," Harry stated bluntly. 

"And I'm Niall," I followed his lead. Lacey motioned her hands urging us to continue, but neither of us spoke. 

"I know that already." 

"Mhmm," Harry nodded. 

"Come on," she pleaded, shoving my arm playfully. The sudden contact threw me off guard, and it took a few seconds for me to recover. "I want to know more about you! I told you about me, now it's your turn!" This was my opportunity. 

"Let's start from the beginning," I said. "I'm from Ireland, not England." 

"I knew it! Your accent is so cute!" she gushed. I felt my cheeks redden at the compliment. 

"Uh, thanks," I acknowledged quietly.  

"It's cute when you blush, too." Her lips formed a small smile.

"Why don't you just tell him he is cute?" Harry joked, emphasizing the words "he is". 

"Fine," Lacey paused. She smirked, and turned to face me, resting her hand on my forearm. "Niall, you're cute."