007; TOLD YOU SO

After many sleepless nights and all of my hard work, Jackie was finally able to assist with placing my mother into the Gayle and Tom Cancer Center for admission

After many sleepless nights and all of my hard work, Jackie was finally able to assist with placing my mother into the Gayle and Tom Cancer Center for admission. I'm not sure if thats a sign of being something good or something bad, but I wasn't too inclined to find out. With my mother's cancer not making much of any improvements, I didn't want to continuously be subjected to any potential bad news.

Over the past year, I was able to save ten thousand dollars for a fairly-new car after multiple double shifts and overtime, which will limit me from having to take the bus completely. It wasn't out of the ordinary for my coworkers to think that I was crazy to work as much as I do, but I need the money. I was on schedule for an afternoon shift at the coffee shop, therefore I had time to spare. It's been a week since I've yet found my diary and I have no recollection as to where it might be. I'd like to think that it is safe to say that it grew legs and walked away. Before taking a drive to the West Bank of the city, I dropped Lupe off at the neighbor's house a little early.

After getting turned around in a complete circle, I found myself parked a block away from August's home in deep contemplation. He hasn't come by the coffee shop as of lately and we didn't leave off on the best of terms during the night in question. I may have over exaggerated a few things. I'm hoping he accepts my apology, but I'm also hoping he's actually home.

I got out of my car and began to casually walk towards where I believed August's home was located. The grand neighborhood looked different during the nightly hour, to say the least. I approached the front gate, entering the gate code. My walk continued up August's steep driveway before I was finally able to catch my breath at the front door. His Rolls Royce was parked in the driveway. With my sweaty palms, I rang the doorbell. There was a moment of silence until I heard the door handle being manipulated to open. A young woman greeted me with her presence at the door. She was dressed in a beautiful black gown that was vaguely similar to the one I wore at dinner. Her long hair flourished over her shoulders, touching her backside.

"August isn't here to sign any autographs or take pictures. Please make your way back over the fence," the woman said.

"Oh, no, sorry, I'm not here to have anything signed."

"Okay, then what are you here for?"

The woman didn't have much patience.

"I'm here to speak with August. I'm Nola, by the way," I greeted.

I extended my hand for a moment, but the woman didn't bother to return my handshake.

She sighs, "Listen here, Nola by the way, August isn't here to sign anything. How the hell did you even get past security?"

"I entered in the gate code," I responded feeling confused.

I continued, "I'm sorry. I didn't catch your name..."

"You don't need to know my name. What I don't appreciate is a stranger coming to our home unannounced and requesting to speak with my fiancé by name," the woman spat.

"Fiancé? Oh, I'm so sorry! Please forgive me. I just needed to return something that he left at the coffee shop," I lied.

"Well, whatever it is he left, I'm sure he has plenty more. Do yourself a favor and keep it. Sell it on eBay for all I care. You can see yourself out now."

And with that, the woman closed the door without another word, leaving me at a loss of words.

I guess Jules was right.

I retracted my steps from the front door back to the next block to retrieve my car. Inserting the key in it's ignition, I began to make my way back to the other side of town still at a loss of words.