Part 5

Kurama knocks on the door of Kiri's room, only to hear a crash. Alarmed, he swings the door open to see Kiri on the floor with Botan standing over her, shaking her head. "You're hopeless Kiri." Botan comments in disappointment.

"Feh, who in their right mind would wear such death traps?" Kiri says rather annoyed, throwing a pair of high heels across the room. Kurama chuckles, amused at the scene. He's glad it wasn't something worse, because he really doesn't know what to expect from this girl.

The girls turn their attention to him, Kiri giving a glare that effectively shuts him up. "Morning Kurama, why are you here?" asks Botan cheerfully. "Well, I was just wondering if Kiri would like to join us for breakfast." The demoness shrugs in response. "Would you like for me to show you the way?" Kurama asks politely as he takes this as a yes.

Standing up, Kiri dusts herself off. Kurama blinks at the sight. For someone who probably never wore jeans, she looks rather good in them. 'Not that she didn't look beautiful in a kimono though...' He slaps himself mentally, shaking off those thoughts as he notices her waiting for him to lead the way. "This way." he says walking out of the room.

Her bare feet silently move across the floor, so silent, Kurama has to check every now and then to see if she's still there. Botan didn't come as she had to go back to her duties, so considering that, it was already very quiet.

Letting her take a seat at the kitchen table, she looks around curiously while Kurama gets started on breakfast. Yusuke soon barges in, letting himself drop into a seat tiredly, his head on the table as music is blaring in his ears.

Kurama halts his work on breakfast as he observes Kiri slowly reaching out towards Yusuke's head, having her practically lay across the table. Kurama looks at her curiously, not sure about her plans, but chuckles as she slowly plucks one of Yusuke's headphones from the boy's ear.

Yusuke sits up with a shock. "Huh?" He blinks at the girl that lays sprawled out over the table, looking at the headphone this way and that before holding it close to her ear.

Almost timidly, Yusuke takes out his other headphone before turning the music a bit softer. He hands over his beaten MP3 player to Kiri who takes it curiously. Putting both headphones to her pointed ears she listens silently for a moment.

The boys look at her shocked when she lets out a giggle. "Well what do you know; she does know how to smile." Yusuke comments, crossing his arms over his chest smugly.

This seemed to break the ice as Kiri set of exploring, pulling open all the cabinets and drawers, Kurama having to dodge every once in a while as he works on breakfast. They watch as she discovers the fridge, putting her hand in it to feel the cool air and opening and closing it time and time again, wondering why the light turns on and off. All the while she never let go of Yusuke's MP3-player.

"She's quite curious isn't she?" Kurama states as he turns off the stove. Yusuke huffs in amusement. "I'll say."

Suddenly Yusuke seems to get an idea as he grins foolishly. "I'm starting to see possibilities."

"Hn. I do not believe she's unknowing on the existence of any perversities you have in mind." Hiei comments dully as he walks in, taking his seat. Yusuke scoffs offended. "You really think that low of me? I was thinking more about a gaming marathon." he counters.

"Yusuke, I do believe we have some work to do." Kurama reminds him, dimming his enthusiasm, but only for a moment. "I know. Oh! I'll just tell Koenma it's for educational purposes." Yusuke says, grinning foolishly. "Idiot." Hiei scoffs.

~Kiri's point of view

After Kuwabara finally got his butt out of bed I could finally dig in. The food was great, although unusual. I was so used to having rice and fish in the morning that all the sweetness and heartiness I experienced during breakfast was quite a culture shock. We returned to Koenma after Botan got me a different pair of footwear.