[ four ]

[ four ]

America was waiting for a message from Oscar all day, but he never sent one. She figured he was very busy because she understood there were things footballers did everyday. He probably had training, some interviews or maybe a photoshoot and would talk to her as soon as possible. America hated the time differences between them. It made her feel like they were lifetimes apart, and they were.

She was filled with hope when she felt her phone vibrate in her hand. It was early afternoon in Mexico city and though she knew it was probably not Oscar, she still hoped. Her heart dropped when she saw it was a text message from an unknown phone number.

x-xxx-xxx-xxxx: is this america hernandez?

america: uh...yeah. who is this?

x-xxx-xxx-xxxx: its erick torres.

Her heard completely stopped when she read the words on her phone screen and she was reminded of painful memories. It was her ex-boyfriend. The same one who had cheated on her and then left her for someone else. The same one who hurt her and broke her heart when all she ever did was love him.

america: what do you want, erick?

erick: i just want to talk to you...i miss you, ami.

Ami. 

Another stab at her heart. It was the nickname he had for her when they were dating. In the beginning, after their break-up, she continued to keep up with his football career secretly. But then she would read news about his new girlfriend and it hurt her too much to bear. Eventually, she stopped caring altogether and was able to move on.

But that didn't mean there wasn't a tiny corner of her heart that still ached for him. He had been her first love after all.

america: you miss me? erick...its been over two years since we broke up. i've moved on. you moved on long before i could and now you want to talk to me? why?

erick: our break-up was a mistake. i was eighteen and stupid. i will always love you, ami.

america: please stop. i already have someone that i love.

erick: who?

erick: tell me who he is and i'll tell him to leave you alone.

america: you don't have the right to be in my life after what you did. goodbye erick.

*x-xxx-xxx-xxxx number blocked* 

.

.

.

.

Oscar got back from a busy day in the afternoon. He knew it was morning in Mexico City and decided to go on twitter to talk to America again. As he unlocked his phone, he saw a quick text message from April.

april: obrigado por falar com neymar, oscar. você salvou a minha vida. (tr: thank you for talking to neymar, oscar. you saved my life).

oscar: ele só precisava de um amigo cara para conversar. (tr: he only needed a guy friend to talk to).

april: ney told me you have a girlfriend ^.^ congrats!

oscar: she's not my girlfriend...yet ;)

april: aww well hopefully soon, no?(: tell me everything, how did you two meet? ^.^

oscar: i met her on twitter :p she's from mexico and her name is america and she's just beautiful.

april: hm...

oscar: what?

april: just be careful. there are a lot of people online who lie about who they are. you know that's how ney and i met.

oscar: america wouldn't lie to me.

april: that's what i thought about 'lucas' and he turned out to be someone else. i think its better to be safe than sorry. ask her to video chat with you and if she refuses, i can contact nev and max for you.

oscar: okay, i'll ask her. if only to prove she is who she claims to be. 

.

.

.

.

The next morning, she woke up in a good mood after seeing a goodmorning message from Oscar. America loved the way he was with her. He was like a sweet and occasionally shy little boy, but he always let her know how much he cared about her.

She replied to his message and got out of bed. America got in the shower and after thirty minutes she was ready to start the day. Since it was summer time, she still had another week or two before staring her third year at the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, or UNAM for short. Though she should have supported the Pumas UNAM football team because she went to school there, her heart had always been with Club America

America walked out into her livingroom to see a familiar blonde haired girl lounging on her couch. She barely turned as she said, "Hey cousin."

"Hey Regina." America walked around the couch and sat next to her. "What are you doing here?"

"I just came to warn you about Erick." She mentioned, picking at a small bowl of fruit America's mum had probably cut up for her. "He suddenly texted me earlier and wanted to know if you were single. He's such a little bitch."

"And what did you tell him?" The dark haired girl asked.

Bringing a forkful of fruit into her mouth, she shrugged. "I told him you don't want to talk to him because you're dating Oscar Emboaba now."

America gasped. "You told him that?"

At that very moment, she got a text message from another unknown number. This one was different than the one from the day before.

x-xxx-xxx-xxxx: i know you're dating oscar emboaba.

-

oooh.

so i decided to make my bby cubo torres the main antagonist in this story. he is such a babe tho, so i have a hard time imagining him as an asshole character.

anyway, thank you all for reading and voting.

i have another chapter already written, so i'll probably post it in two to three days.

i love you all!

-clary xx