Chapter 8

So, hi again!

Another update, are you guys ready?

I’m actually really excited for this book, and I have quite a few of ideas for events to happen, but I just haven’t had the time. So thank you for sticking by me and this story.

I’ve changed my username to FireproofNarry, so if you didn’t recognize the name… it’s me!!!!! Yay!

So, if anyone wants to make me a new cover with my new username on it, I would appreciate it a lot…. Who knows you might even get a dedication…..

Anywhoran, Dedication to: @SmillingNiallxxx (close enough), @NataliaNJH, @KingCommenter, @Narryisotpforlife, & @TooShortToWait (bc close enough!)

Pages: 6

Word count: 1,514 <<< I’m sorry it’s so short.

I know that updates for this story are sporadic, but I really appreciate the people sticking by this story. You all are the best.

Answer: tea!!!! Om nom nom…..

Enjoy lovelies!

-----

~Niall~

I wanted to ask much more, prompt him as to what he was protecting me from. His lips still ghosted over my neck, my muscles taunt and tense, unsure of where this was going.

He chuckled heartily, warm breath smacking my cool skin as it rolled from his mouth in beautiful sounding waves.

“Why would I need protection from you, Niall Horan. You don’t seem terrifying at all, almost like a baby penguin if I’m being honest.”

“Baby penguins can be vicious. They have this cute little exterior, but when your back is turned then bam! It attacks you and bites you in the ass.” I muttered.

“You didn’t answer my question, and I don’t particularly like such a beautiful face uttering such nasty words Niall Horan, take that as a warning.” He murmured darkly into my ear and I nodded.

“I could be anyone, I could be as innocent as you think, or I could be a murderer. Hell, I could be the Hunter for all you know. I could just break you in the best way possible without even touching you. You don’t know what I’m capable of; it could be you that needs protecting. So yes, I could be a baby penguin, but I could also be the polar bear.” I explained, voice low, afraid that he wouldn’t like the answer I had given him.

He had no reaction – which I could see at the moment- his warm breath fanning over my neck, arms wrapped tightly around my naked waist as he seemed to be mulling my answer over. And then he giggled- fucking giggled- like what the fuck man? It was adorable, like a baby sneezing or a puppy giving you a kiss; and I had to admit that it was up there on the list of my favorite things next to his laugh and his smile- not that those were on that list…. Cough.

“You don’t scare me Niall Horan, and I’m willing to risk it.” He muttered, the small smile still gracing his features pressed lightly into the cool skin of my shoulder.

“Than what does?” I muttered under my breath, but I could tell he heard me by the smirk pressing against my skin.

“That’s your question then?” he asked, and I hesitantly nodded, although I had much better questions I wanted to ask him. “Is there a reason for your curiosity?”

“It’s not your turn; you have to answer before you can ask again.” I muttered, his grip tightened slightly, but he nodded nonetheless.

“Being alone.” He muttered the sadness washing over both of us from the waves he was emitting. But then he cleared his throat, and the smirk was planted firmly on his face once again. I sighed, realizing that at that moment I felt sorry for him knowing exactly what it’s like to be alone. I felt a connection, and I realized he was a person and not just some weirdo that picks people up off the street in the middle of the night to ‘protect’ them. But then the smirk had to come back, and I felt a bit of sadness knowing he just closed himself off- protected himself as to not look weak. But the damage had been done, and no matter how hard he tried to look strong, and scary I would remember this moment.