Chapter One

"Beg, Georgina. I want you to beg." His dark eyes bore onto her as he spitted venom at her. George's heart hammered against her chest with known fear that was always there every time he looks at her. He was dangerously close to her that she felt the coldness of his voice that counters the heat radiating from his body. George balled her hands into fists as she fought the quivering of her body. God knows there's nothing to be feared about the man in front of her but she couldn't help it with his evident pursuing of lips and clenching of jaw. She watched as his brows furrowed while giving her a cold glare that sent shiver down her spine. "If you want my forgiveness, beg for it."

He took a step closer, but she took a step back in defense. His lips lined into a smirk no longer foreign to her. A dark, wicked lopsided smile that she had always received from him since she wronged him.

Her back hit the wall and she had nothing else to do but to shut her eyes tight. She made a silent prayer for Taxton not to do anything to her.

"Stop, Tax. Please," she begged, but she still felt his body just in front of her, his face just near her ear. She released an audible sigh, more like a moan, when his hot breath tickled her earlobe.

"Why would I? You are the one who barged here wanting my forgiveness. You know what I want you to do if you want to be forgiven. I can't just give that to you easily after all I've went through, after all what you've done to me." Taxton's voice was raspy and deep but anger was playing with it that it made her want to close her eyes tighter. George went tensed as his fingers caressed her cheek. His long, delicate fingers grazing across her skin leaving an after-burn on its trail as he slid those until he placed them firmly on her jaw forcing her to look up. She opened her eyes slowly only to be greeted by his intense brown eyes.

Her knees instantly wobbled with his gaze and his touch that she knew the moment he let go of her, she will instantly fall to the ground.

"Tax," she breathed. "You don't have to do this."

"You sent me to hell. There's a price to pay for that. My forgiveness isn't easy, sweetheart. Show me you need it. Show me you want it. Prove me wrong," he said as if he was giving order. George's lips parted as they quivered. He leaned more that his lips subtly touched the tip of her ear. The mere connection made her body convulse. In fear? She didn't know anymore. "We both know you desperately want me. I will use it to my advantage. That's a warning."

She wanted to raise her voice, to rebut with all she had against him but she stopped herself because she needed him at that moment. She wanted him to come back to his old self - the one that she didn't break, the one that she didn't rob happiness. It hurt her that every time she looks into his eyes, all she could see was nothing. Taxton held his emotions captive greatly that no one can even know what he was really feeling. He became too good at faking everything that it made her too cautious.

George swallowed her own saliva, as well as her pride. "What do you want me to do?"

He chuckled darkly. "Kneel. I want you on your knees, Georgina."

"Okay," she murmured while nodding slowly, still locking gazes with Taxton who showed no compassion nor mercy. His eyes showed amusement in which she felt pain in her heart knowing that he enjoyed watching her agony but she realized that what he was doing to her was nothing compared to the torment she gave him years ago.

She fell onto her knees gradually. He gave her a smirk of contempt as she her knees made contact on the ground.

"Good girl," Taxton scoffed.

"Is this all?"

"No, Georgina. I won't make this easy for you."

"What else?" she asked bravely, still their eyes on each other were intact.