Followed, chased, and caught.

Okay so this is kind of a test run for this story I might change the beginning a little later on but for now this is how I'm gonna start it. Let me know if you like it. :)

Oh and happy late halloween! I meant to upload this last night but that didn't work so I got it today! :)

Vote.Comment.Fan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought today might be normal. I was wrong. Of course I was wrong. No day has been normal in weeks. Everyday. Everywhere. Every time. Sometimes I'm not sure. Sometimes I even convince myself that I'm just being paranoid but not now. Now I'm sure.

As I walk down the empty neighborhood street I quickly glance over my shoulder. My eyes find the car. It's black. It's been following me ever since I left school. Showing up every few blocks. It was a bad day to walk home. Why couldn't I have just snagged a ride from a friend like I usually do? That's right, Tyler. Tyler had been bothering me and in my desperate attempt to escape I'd simply started walking away at a brisk pace. Now I'd rather face Tyler than the panic that was slowly making its way from the top of my head all the way to my toes.

I quicken my pace as I glance behind me to see the van start to speed up. My heart stutters and my breathing hitches. This can't be happening. The van is moving faster now. What do I do? Some buried instinct has my feet moving faster under me propelling me forward at a sprint. My backpack bouncing uncomfortably on my back every other step. My breathing increases as I hear the screech of tires on pavement from somewhere behind me. I don't look behind me because I'm afraid of what I might see.

The movement of a large object to my left causes me to jerk to a stop and I watch in horror as the van takes a sharp turn to the right and blocks my way of passage forward. It's breaks squeal as it comes to a jerky stop. The van doors open and men dressed in black clothing and ski masks come running towards me. I hear someone shouting from inside the van to grab the girl. Without any more thought I turn and run in the other direction, passing empty house after empty house. My feet bring me closer and closer to an intersection that looks deserted. I can hear the slapping of larger feet hitting the ground behind me and getting closer.

With a grunt of annoyance I shrug off my backpack and let it fall to the ground behind me. I'm running a little faster now that I'm not weighed down.

The intersection breaks the neighborhood and the industrial part of the city in half. Large, bland colored buildings are the only thing in front of me. I could only hope to loose the men in the maze of gates and buildings. With a little burst of energy I sprint faster towards my goal. I hear the wheezing of the men behind me. I dare a glance over my shoulder and find that they are slowing slightly. Thank god it was sports season or I wouldn't be in this great of shape.

I round the corner of the intersection and cross the desolate street before I come to the first chain link fence, taking a running jump I latch on about half way up. My fingers protest but I get a good foothold and climb the rest of the way up. With a deep breathe I swing my left leg up and over the fence and then my right. Bracing myself for the impact I jump. It wasn't as bad as I expected but it took me a minute to get my balance back after the landing.

Then I was running again. I come up to the first set of buildings and go straight through rather than start taking turns yet. My heart gave an extra leap when I heard running footsteps behind me that were coming closer. I pump my arms faster my breaths coming faster. A stitch is in my lungs and it's making it harder for me to get oxygen. Who could be catching up to me? They were all slowing down before. The next intersection in the buildings comes and I take a right. The footsteps are still getting closer. And closer.