- chapter two

I spin around on my swivel chair for what seems like the millionth time. It has been around an hour since I have triggered Stark's security, and he sure is taking his sweet time to scout out what is happening. I know if I were running a million dollar server, I would want to check into all security threats. As well as this, there's only two hours before my shift ends.

Two hours till I have to leave Hydra's USB in my office.

Mid chair spin, I hear a knock at my door, to which I stand up and open midway.

"Hi Waverley, these two gentlemen said they have an urgent issue with the network you've created with them," one of the new interns April tells me. I look past them and see two familiar faces. Falcon and the Winter Solider, as they are named on their file.

"Oh, of course," I say whilst opening the door wider. "Please take a seat Sam and James, thankyou so much April." I finish whilst they walk past me, standing ominously in front of my desk. I see April walk away and close the door.

Now they're here, all I have to do is follow the simple plan I created from my boredom: 1. Act cocky and arrogant, 2. Fight Falcon and Winter Solider (hopefully my self defence lessons from 3 years ago help with that part), 3. Let them capture me (guess I don't have to fight to well at least).

I walk behind me desk, and act casual, no, confident as I address them. "Well, look at this! Didn't expect the Avengers to be here at my office! I must take a picture with you afterwards! Now, is there something about a network I can help you with? Maybe up the security on Stark's network for you?" I begin, and gauge their reactions as I speak. 'Bucky' seems silent and cold, as if he thought this was plain boring, but Sam looks like he is about to crack, so maybe I don't have to keep up this act for long.

"So it was you who broke into the network?" Bucky asks. Huh, didn't even realise he was actually listening.

"If I say yes, am I in trouble," I say with the sliest of grins I can pull off. I'm hoping this is working, but can tell it definitely is when Sam starts to approach me muttering: "That's it."

It's now or never, I think as I grab underneath my desk, and muster all my strength to flip it over, creating a barrier between Sam and I. I see my beloved desktop monitor shatter on impact, and Hydra's USB bounce till it finds a resting place on the dull blue carpet. I cringe at the sound of glass shattering, but am thankful my desk doesn't make as loud a thud as I expected. Either or, my office is sound proofed (I listen to music really loud, okay?). I look up, and see Sam physically recoil, and the Winter Soldier look shocked.

I start to jump over the corner of my desk now on the floor and appear to sprint to my office door, and just as I hoped, Bucky intercepts me on the way, attempting to grab both my arms. He successfully grabs one. I know now to pull this off I'm going to have to look like I am ready to fight them, so with little hesitation I draw my foot back and kick Bucky in the stomach.

This obviously made little impact to him, as he was still standing and barely let out a gasp, but bought me just enough time to get my arm out of his grip. Just in time to block a punch coming from Sam. I felt a huge ache pulse throughout my arms, and heave a sigh.

I'm a security expert, but I seem to have found myself fighting the Avengers.

I then feel arms wrap around my torso, and start to lift me. Now, let me admit, I am a huge movie fan, so to me, this was exciting.

Using the momentum from being lifted in the air, I swing my legs back down (kicking Sam along the way, of course), trying to bring all my weight with me, and arch my back. In the movies, the Winter Solider would have flipped over my back, and Sam would have hit the ground, but in reality it did little more than get me free again of Bucky's grip and give Sam a little kick back.

I've put up a solid ten seconds of fight, and for that I am proud. I know that fighting more is useless, so I begin to dull it down and fall when Bucky sweeps my legs. I feel my hands being gathered behind my back, and am picked up from the floor and pushed against the wall. It is obvious it is Bucky doing this, as the hand restraining me is cool metal. I tilt my head left to face my door, and try to kick my right leg back, to show I'm resisting. Instead of hitting someone, I feel an arm push my leg back down, and Bucky's feet pushing against the heel of my foot.

"This is what is going to happen," Sam says in a pissed tone, creating direct eye contact with me. "You are going to exit this office with us, and say that you need to do a physical check of our network lines to solve the issue. You create any trouble, we use force. Understood?"

What's with these big cooperations thinking I don't understand?

"Fine," I spit back, keeping the eye contact with Sam. Sam then gives a pointed look to Bucky, and I feel him release me. I brush my hands through my hair and straighten out my jacket. Wow. It's been a big day for me. I look for my glasses of the floor, where I lost them ages ago during the fight, and see them shattered. Damn it!

"Lets go," the Winter Soldier grumbles.

I step towards my office door with Bucky and Sam right behind me, and exit the room. Leaving my office a mess, and Hydra's USB behind, I can't believe my crazy plan worked.