Ten

The Indominous is too strong.

It's the only thing I really understand as we fight, a whirl of hissing and clawing and blood. I think Blue is fighting as well, but the Indominous is overpowering even us, and I'm still not healed and it hurts. But I hear Owen call my name again and I keep fighting, because if I stop fighting now then Owen dies. Owen dies and that leaves me and Blue and Charlie and Echo and Delta alone.

I don't even know where the rest of my raptor pack is, it's only Blue and me fighting the Indominous, but I don't have time to ask.

"You are nothing," the Indominous hisses, flinging both of us away temporarily. It towers above us, blood sprinkling it's ghostly flank. "I am better than you, bigger than you, smarter than you. You cannot beat me, little raptors. I am your God."

Blue screeches, rocketing forward and managing to bite into the Indominous's leg before getting kicked back. "Falcon!" She yowls, running forward again. "FALCON!"

"I'm here," I promise, lunching myself forward again. Together, me and Blue bite and claw and kick, and we manage to force the Indominous back a step, but it's bigger. We can't kill it, and we are starting to lose strength.

Blue wails in agony as the Indominous rips one claw across Blue's leg, spilling raptor blood across the ground. She stumbles, falling heavily on one side as she keens low in her throat. Owen shouts something, and the Indominous looks over at him, and the ground shakes with footsteps that aren't from ny of the dinosaurs here, but I ignore everything and charge, blinded by anger.

the Indominous bats me with a claw, but I dash up onto it's back and bite it's horrible neck, using my back legs to tear it's back and flank to shreds. It roars. I don't let go.

I look, just once, at Owen. At those two boys. At Blue. Claire isn't there. I blink, and I want to say goodbye, but I can't. So I click at Owen, crooning my apology. I love you, I think as the Indominous cranes it's head and grabs me between those spiky, spiky teeth. My best friend. My Alpha.

Owen.

Then there's a horrible crunch, and my body hurts, and then I'm falling into that dark place and I can't think anymore.

.

Falcon's body hits the ground with a thump.

Blue, his lovely Blue, wails, and tries to get up but her leg is bleeding too much and she falls. Owen looks at her for a moment, his last living raptor, and wonders if she'll bleed out before he can save her. He wonders if he'll lose her too, and then be alone.

"Falcon?" Gray calls quietly, voice trembling.

When Owen hears the challenging roar of the T-Rex, he deflates because now Blue doesn't have to keep fighting. Now Blue can just wait until someone can help her, and he'll have his Beta. He won't have his baby girl though, because Falcon's dead.

.

Really, it's all over far too quickly.

And the T-Rex looks down at Blue for a moment, snuffs at Falcon's body, and then turns around and walks away. Owen's hands shake. Claire trembles as she crashes into him and he holds her as tightly as he can. He doesn't really feel her though, can't really feel anything.

Blue approaches them. She makes a clicking sound in her throat, and Owen steps away from Claire and puts his hand out. "Oh Blue," he sighs, as she remains still and lets him just touch her. He looks at the drying blood on her leg. "Oh, Blue."

She chirps, nuzzling just slightly before pulling back. She staggers over to Falcon, and Owen follows, because that's his best friend lying there, dead.

Falcon's body is twisted. Owen can hardly look at it.

Blue moans, low and long, and settles down beside Falcon, resting her head on the other raptor's bloody flank. Owen lets her be, turns back to Claire and the boys. Claire is crying. Owen thinks that he is too.

"Owen," Claire breathes, and embraces him, and Owen starts sobbing because it had been Falcon, Claire, that was his baby girl.

Claire holds on, and Owen cries, and when he's got himself under control and he looks back, Blue is gone.

E N D

Whoop, there is is. Thank you guys for sticking with me, even though there was usually a few months in between each update. I'm soooo sorry for that, by the way.
Love you guys.