15

I awake to the dreaded sound of my alarm clock. That's weird I don't remember setting it. I get up and stretch cracking my back in the process. I stiffly walk into the tiny kitchen and find a note.

Hey Vi,

I decided to stay with Emma last night. I noticed ur alarm clock wasn't on, so I set it for u. Ur welcome ;) Also when I walked in I saw that ur pillow was wet from crying again. We'll talk about it after I get back. Call me if you need anything

-Athena

I sit the note back on the counter going over to my pillow again. I lightly touch it and sure enough a wet patch from crying was there. I sigh leaning my head against the wall. So this has started again. Whenever I have really strong emotions this always happens. Usually it happens when I am stressed or upset and obviously I was upset last night.

It happened a lot in highschool. Around tenth grade. Fortunately I had friends like Athena who would always talk about it with me. She really is the best.

I get ready and go to class. Same boring schedule, same boring class, same boring professors. I did meet this guy in biology who's pretty cool. We talked about are dream jobs the whole time. He wants to find cures for really serious diseases like cancer and Alzheimer. We agreed to meet for coffee tomorrow at some cafe that he said is "to die for."

The class I was dreading finally arrived. I walked through the hallways with my head down trying to calm myself down. Suddenly I hit something hard, yet soft. I look up to see a smiling face looking down at me. "We always seem to meet like this, don't we?" I smile, "Hey, Mr. Graceffa." I step back readjusting my book bag. "I prefer Joey. And your Violet, Shane's girl, right?" I become uncomfortable as he refers to me by 'Shane's girl,' but I just smile and nod. "Well nice to see you, but I've got class see you around." He gives me one more smile before walking off.

I open the door to the classroom and quickly finding a seat. I never make eye contact with Shane as I pull my ear buds out of my book bag and put my I pod on shuffle. After two songs I bravely look up. Once I set my eyes on Shane I wish I never looked up. He's leaning against his desk talking to Ashley. She's basically molesting him as she runs her hand up and down his chest. Each time her hand gets closer and closer to his crouch. I quietly mumble to myself, "You've got to be fucking kidding me." Hell he looks like he's even enjoying it. The bell rings and she quickly presses her body against his and kisses his neck. She steps back winks and mouths 'call me.' She walks back to her desk which just so happens to be behind me. As she walks by me she kicks my desk causing me to almost fall out of my desk and all my stuff to fall onto the floor. "Oops," she innocently says. At this point I really just want to cry, but I bite my cheek as I pick all my stuff up and will myself not to cry. Throughout the whole class the bitch behind me aka Ashley drops her pencil "accidentally" and whispers threats and insults into my ear. I few of them really got to me and made me really want to just break down, but I sat there with a straight face.

As the bell rings I sigh in relief and lean over to start putting my stuff back in my book bag. Just as I put my binder back in feel a hard hit to my desk. This time it's harder than before. I drop my binder and fall out of my seat hitting my arm and hip especially hard on the ground. There's definitely going to be a bruise there tomorrow. I pick myself up as I hear a devilish laugh escape the blonde. Her laughing fades away with the mob of students. I quickly shove my stuff in my book bag knowing that I need to either find a bathroom or an empty closet to cry in. I bite my lip so hard I taste blood as I try so desperately not to cry. I get up as I feel my lip tremble. Just a couple more steps, you've got this Vi, come on. I jog across the room getting to the door. "Violet." No not right now, not right here. Please God be my imagination. My hopes crash away as I hear my name being called and a hand placed on my shoulder. "Vi are you OK?" I already know what's going to happen I'm going to see the worry in his face and burst out in tears. "Vi." He sounds so sad almost pleading. I'm going to cry I already know it.

I slowly turn around facing him. Tears immediately form in my eyes and a small sob escapes my lips. "Hey, shhh, don't cry." He hugs me tightly petting my hair. Another sob escapes and the tears start pouring. I'm trembling and crying my eyes out as he leads me over to his office in the back.

He sits on a small couch he has in the corner and I sit with him since I'm practically limp at this point. Somehow he ends up rolling onto his back and I lay on his chest still shaking and only crying slightly. His arms are still wrapped around me as I slowly start to drift off listening to his heartbeat.