Prologue

Before I die; Prologue

Lucy

I had always wanted to live life step by step, let it flow as it went. To take it slow, because there was time for everything.

...But now, there was no such a thing as slow.

"Fuck, bunny girl..."Gajeel groans as I continue to grind, letting him deep in me. I hold onto him tightly, I grip and pull his black long hair into my fist. He rubs his calloused hands over my body, to my neck, to my face. He pulls me into a deep kiss, I suck on his lips before throwing my head back.

I moaned and bit my lip, I could feel myself so close to coming. He sucked on my breast, and helped me move faster against him. I tightened my hold on his muscled arms before bringing him into another kiss. My body shook slightly as I came, I felt warmth course through my body. Tiny pleasure needles poking my lower region, I curled my toes and got off of him.

He slipped the rubber off of him and laid next to me. He didn't look at me, I didn't look at him. We both knew what we were doing, it was just sex. Simply that, and a good friendship. I push him playfully.

"I've got to go on a mission."I say. "You can come if you want."

"I've got a mission with Levy today."He says. He closes his eyes. "Any other day, you know I'd go."

I nod. "I'll get going then."I jump over him down to the floor. I bend down to get my clothes and boots.

"Don't bend down like that, you'll tempt me to keep you in bed all day."

I turn and give a small smile. "I wouldn't mind. But I really have to leave."

He stands and leans down for a kiss, but I move my head away and kiss his cheek instead. "You're a tease."He chuckles and spanks me.

I laugh and clasp my bra. "Good luck on your mission."

"Same to you, bunny girl."He heads to the shower, when I hear the water running, I let out a long breath.

I was growing tired, not of him, not of sex anyway. I was just physically tired, exhausted. My bones ached, my muscles felt as if they weren't even there to begin with. I could feel the small pangs in my chest as my magic continued to reduce with each passing day.

I pull on the rest of my clothes and slip my boots on. I knew I had to tell someone soon, I was sure people were beginning to question my sudden change. Even Gajeel was out of it when I proposed this 'affair', but ended up accepting either way.

But I knew my life was coming to an end, slowly but surely. And I just wanted to do things I had never done before. Experience, be someone different. That little sparkle was beginning to fade though, I could feel my days counting down. I was too conscious of it, of my sickness. How I wished I would have never found out and simply lived out the rest of my days happily.

I tucked my keys into their pocket. I put my hair up into a pony tail and walked to Gajeel's kitchen. I couldn't remember the last time I had slept in my own bed. Or eaten in my own kitchen.

Lily raised a brow. He sat on the bar table, fresh cut kiwis on his lap. "Something wrong?"

"No."I shake my head. "What do you want to eat?"

"There's not much. Gajeel hasn't bought anything."He says as he munches on his kiwi.

I roll my eyes. "When does he buy anything...?"I mutter. I open the fridge and scan through anything that could be edible.

"Only when you come around, we mostly go out to have breakfast or something."He comes close to me. "But not since you started coming."

"Should I feel like that is a good or bad thing?"I ask and pull out some eggs and milk. Some pancakes could sit my stomach right before heading out on this mission.