Love for Dummies (FFD One Shot)

So guys this isn’t a story but a One Shot for leigh_’s one shot competition for Friendship for Dummies. There are so many good ones out there and I tried to keep this one original but here it goes. If you like the one shot then I love you! Leigh is an amazing author who is from England like me and she really inspires me a lot with my stories. I hope you enjoy my one shot.

-----------------------------

Georgie’s POV

I squeeze Connor’s hand gently as I finally make that last push, making everything what it’s worth for. The nurse gives me and Connor a smile and picks up mine and Connor’s new additions, a boy and a girl.

“Congratulations,” the nurse beams and I can’t help but feel so proud of myself for holding onto everything. I kiss Connor on the cheek and Nathan bursts in, holding two presents and flowers.

“Have I missed it?” he laughs and he kisses me on the cheek. I nod of course and I ask him the question he’s been dreading.

“How’s Ava?”

“She just gave birth like two minutes before I came here,” he smiles and walks over to the two kids crying their heart out. I can’t help but smile at the way that the boy completely looks like Connor and the girl looks me. I let out a groan as I leap off the bed, wheeling my IV drip with me as I walk up to my kids, holding each of their hands. Connor comes up behind me and scoops up the girl.

“How about Riley for your name?” he smiles and I nod, picking up the boy.

“And you, Jamie?” I gently rock Jamie and place him in his cot, kissing his forehead gently. I hold Connor’s hand tight and kiss him softly.

 “Georgie, I have to go to my meeting but I’ll be back in an hour.” I kiss Connor on the cheek and he walks out.

“Georgie,” Nathan scratches the back of his head. “I best be going back to Ava, bye,”

Nathan takes one last glance at Riley and Jamie before walking out.

I carefully walk over to my bed and slip on my slippers before walking out of the door to see Ava. I tell the nurse where I’m going and she kindly offers to watch the kids while I’m gone. I walk down some corridors before seeing Ava’s cubicle.

“Georgie!” She yells and leaps off the bed, embracing me tightly. I smell her shampoo in her hair and instantly recognise the flavour.

“Apple right?”

“You got it!”

I walk up to her bed and see Nathan holding their child. It’s a girl and I can’t help but gush and recognise Ava’s hair and eyes in her.

“Have you got a name for her yet?” I ask and they both nod.

“Tia Jade,” they both smile. I stay and chat for an hour before I say my goodbyes to the new parents.

**

I open the door slowly to my cubicle and notice Connor’s briefcase on the floor. He’s holding a bouquet of flowers and I instantly get the message that something is up.

“Hi…” I said softly and walk up to my bed, taking off my slippers. I lay down on the bed and inhale the fresh air. Connor beams up and down and stands beside me.

“How was your meeting?” I ask and he simply smiles.

“Good.”

“Is anything wrong?”

“No, why?”

“Just because you keep on being weird.”

“Just received good news that’s all.”

“Like what?”

His eyes shoot up to the ceiling and he turns his back away from me.

“Connor…”

“I can’t tell you.”

“If you can’t then write it.”

He turns around and shakes his head.

“Please tell me,” I plead.

“Georgie-“

“Connor, please,” I interject. “Please.” He takes a long deep breath and sits beside me. He grabs his briefcase and pulls out a leaflet about London.

“And this is relevant to me because…?” I ask confused.

“I got a job transfer in London,”

And that’s when my heart starts to beat faster, realising that Connor is going to make me move to a different country away from everyone.

“Please tell me you are joking?” I cry, trying to think it’s all a joke. He bites his lip and shakes his head.

“I’m sorry.”

“Connor! Please tell me you refused it?”

His head bows down and it instantly tells me that he accepted it.

“We moved to Chicago with Ava and Nathan and now we’re doing the same thing.” He tells me and I shake my head.

“Chicago is in America. London is in England,”

He grips my hand softly and towers over me.

“I know it’s hard,”

Damn right it’s hard Connor!

“But we can do it.” He finishes and I sigh, glancing at Riley and Jamie. Could I really move over to London and away from everyone?

I take a deep breath and stare into his eyes.

“Fine.”

“You won’t regret it Georgie!” He smiles, hugging me. I push him off me and kiss him softly.

**********

A MONTH LATER

“Do you have everything?” Connor calls from the living room as I scan our bedroom, trying not to cry.

“Yeah,” I yell and I rush downstairs, seeing all our suitcases lined up.

“Can you believe it Georgie? Us making a fresh start…”

“I’ll miss it.” I choke back on tears and I place Riley and Jamie into their carry car seats. We put our suitcases in the boot and Connor tells the driver to step on it.

We have arranged for Ava and Nathan to meet us at the airport and give us a send off. We never told Mom and everyone about this because their on holiday but we’ll visit often.

Another hour passes by and I see Ava and Nathan waving at us with their daughter, Tia Jade.

Connor takes Riley and I take Jamie as we walk over to Ava and Nathan.

“So this is it.” The both of them start to burst into tears and I can’t help but cry too. Memories we shared together, memories we made together instantly appear in my mind.

“We’ll visit often,” Connor says and I nod.

“I wish you all the best of luck,” Ava hugs me one more time and kisses the twins and Nathan does the same and hi fives Connor.

I wave goodbye to them and the driver and we push our suitcases in the airport along with our kids.

Connor and me sit down at a café nearby and we reminisce about our life until he strokes my hand lightly, getting up.

“Georgie?”

I look up and nod.

“I love you.”

“And guess what Connor?” he smiles. “I love you too.

Connor may be sometimes a jerk but honestly, I love him really and he is the missing piece to my heart.

Without him, we wouldn’t have our kids or memories.

So I can honestly say;

I love him so.