Chapter Two; The Tall Tale

Hadassah started to pace around my office, holding herself. She would stop here and there to gaze up at me then plopped back down in the black lounge chair. I leaned back in my seat waiting for her to explain herself. She looked up at me with big eyes and sighed.

"Back when I lived in Egypt, Paul ran a gang in the street, keeping people in check. From what I know, my family was in debt to him. We owed big bucks but had none so my family moved to America, in hopes to gain money. But a years later, my father was killed." She put her head into her hands then ran her fingers through her hair multiple times. I stood up walking around my desk then bending down to her so we were face to face. "Is there anymore that you know?" I asked. She shook her head looking away for me. I got back to my feet then went for the door, "We need to schedule a meeting with your mother." She gave me this look of odd confusion making her rise. "W-Why would we need to speak to my mother?" She followed right behind me as I grabbed my jacket and left out my office. "She'll know more than what you think you know Hadassah." She bit her nails looking around the office, scared someone working with Paul, would soon appear and claim her life. She grabbed onto my arm tightly as we got to the elevator. "D-Don't leave me on my own." She whispered into my ear. For some reason, chills ran down my spine and I pulled her close to me as the elevator doors closed. "I won't. I promise."