Chapter 9

This chapter is dedicated to my favorite British Cow girl! Lol. My friend YoungGuru. She's an amazing writer, guys and you should really check out her stories. You'll love them. I hope you guys like the chapter!

Zayne's pov

We ran for what seemed like hours. With the howling and snarls of the ravenous creatures behind us that would stop at nothing to catch us and make us their next meal. We had only been running for a few minutes and were already slowing down. We were tiring and these zombies made no sign of ever giving up.

"Zayne, what are we going to do? We can't outrun them forever." Brittany said with a worried expression on her face. I would never let anything happen to her. I would throw myself in front of these monsters before I ever let any one of them lay one of their cold dead hands on her.

"Just a little bit longer." I assured her, not even sure myself.

"I'm just so tired." She said starting to slow down a little.

"You can't slow down, just a little farther." I tried my best to keep my voice calm.

We rounded the corner and came to face to face with an abandoned highway. As far as the eye could see was a large highway scattered with fires and cars everywhere.

"Quick, I've got an idea." I told Brittany and Grabbed her arm and pulled her along.

I made my way to a large RV and went around the back. "Quick, climb the later." I pushed Brittany up the latter and made my way closely behind her. I gently pushed her down on top of the RV and help my fingers to her lips telling her to stay as quite as possible.

Underneath us we watched the zombies stop and sniff the air searching for the meal they had just about had in their graps. They let out a screech and ran off looking for another meal.

I let out a sigh of relief and looked over at Brittany. "Are you okay?" I asked her gently, looking her over.

"I'm fine." She said breathlessly.

"Yes you are." I said winking at her, causing me to receive a punch in the arm.

"Ouch, you little shit! That hurt!" I said faking pain and gave her puppy eyes. "Now kiss it."

"Okay." She said, and I saw a glint of something in her eyes.

I held my arm out to her, smiling knowing that I have won. Then I felt a sharp pain in my arms and I pulled it back and examined the cause of the pain.

"You bit me?!" I practically yelled at her. She was rolling in top of the RV laughing as hard as she could. "Not funny." I said mumbling and pouting like a little kid.

"Ohh it'll be okay." She said smiling while pinching my cheeks. Which made me blush a dark scarlet red. And then I got my own idea. Before she could even react, I had my arms around her waist and started to tickle her. She was screaming like a crazy person, begging for me to stop. Her legs were thrashing and her arms were searching frantically for a way to free herself. I finally let go of her and in an instant she was on top of me.

"I don't like being tickled." She said with venom dripping from every word. I was terrified. Then she did the thing I was least expecting.

She started laughing.

"What are you laughing about?" I asked her surprised.

"The look in your face! Duh!" Brittany said as if it was the most obvious ever.

"We'll you surprised me." I said defensively.

"Whatever. Let's just get off of this RV before one of us end up falling."

I looked all across the barren wasteland of cars and noticed no threat so I told Brittany is was safe to go down. We both made it to the ground and started our walk again.

"Oh, and just to warn you. If you ever tickle me again, I will hurt you."

"Mhmm." I mumbled while smiling. "So how did you guys end up here?" I asked curious.

"What are you talking about?" She sounded nervous.

"Why aren't you and Tj dead? How did you make it this long?"

She let out a breath. "Well..."

Brittany's pov

"So how did you guys end up here?" Zayne asked me. I knew what he was talking about.

"What are you talking about?" I asked trying to fake ignorance.

"Why aren't you and Tj dead? How did you make it this long?"

I let out a breath I hadn't realized I had been holding. "Well... It was all because of old neighbors. The day it happened, it was chaos. Everyone was running around lie they were crazy. Everyone was attacking each other. I was completely terrified, but Tj was trying to keep me safe.he said it wasn't safe to stay at our house anymore. So we snuck outside and almost made it past our mailbox until a man jumped on him." I took a deep breath.

"He looked sick and disgusting. He had blood red eyes and his skin looked like it was peeling off. He kept trying to bite Tj, and I just didn't know what to do. Tj was keeping him back very well until the man had his arms pinned. He leaned down ready to bite his face. Then there was a large bang and the man fell on top of Tj. I looked up and saw our neighbor, Bill standing behind Tj with a shotgun in his hands."

"Come on. Before more of them come."

"I remember him saying to us. He helped Tj up and we ran into his house. He deadbolted the door shut and then stacked furniture and random thugs against the door. I looked around and he had every window boarded, he all exits and entries blocked and secure. Nothing was getting in or out. All around us were candles, lighting every square inch. He told us we could stay as long as we wanted. He told us about how his wife had went to the grocery store earlier, and never came back." I whimpered remembering the sad look on his face.

"But he knew he just couldn't. We ended up staying there for months. Every so often going to raid a house or little store. I couldn't help but think that Bill kept thinking he would eventually find his wife."

"Then one day, one day all Hell broke loose. We had just come back from a raid and we hadn't known, but a few zombies had followed us. They went crazy trying to get into the house. The sound brought more and more. The sound was one of the most terrifying I've ever heard. Hundreds of zombies moaning, screaming, and screeching. But the worst sound was the large crack. The door split. Hands and arms reached through the wood, trying to grab anything. We knew we weren't safe anymore."

"There's a latter upstairs, take it and get out the window and run. Run as fast as you can." Bill told us.

"We can't just leave you!" Tj yelled at him.

"There's not enough time! I'll distract them! Just go!"

Tj looked defeated. He had a sad and pitiful look on his face. He grabbed me and starting leading me towards the stairs. "No! We can't leave you!" I screamed at the slowly disappearing Bill. I was thrashing around trying to get out of Tj's arms to try and bring Bill with us.

"If you find my wife, tell her I love her." I heard Bill say as we made it to the top of the stairs and made it to the supply room.

"Tj sat the latter out of one of the windows and told me to climb. I just couldn't leave Bill."

"Go Brittany!" Tj was begging for me to go.

"I slowly made my way to the top of the latter and the last thing I heard was a door bursting off if it's hinges and a loud scream from downstairs..." I trailed off and let a single tear slide down my cheek.

Did you guys like it?? If you did then vote and comment! I read all of the comments!

Is there anything I should change?

Vote and comment!

-Nathan