Chapter 2-Wild

Chapter 2-Wild

         He had fallen asleep that night by the stump of a tree. The sun was now rising and he could feel its rays on his skin. He stretched his arms and legs and slumped up. He walked over to a tiny stream that lay in front of him. He looked at his reflection in the rippling water. He had scruffy looking silvery white hair that fell over his eyes. His face was all muddy and dirty but he was still handsome nonetheless, the teeth in the corner of his mouth were slightly pointier than the rest and he had bright grass green eyes, overall he was quite handsome. He had blood all over his mouth, probably from last night deer. He turned and saw it, still laying a few feet away, shredded and torn. In front of him stood the tree border, an area where the trees just stopped and formed a long straight line. After the tree line was a large opening with not another tree in sight, and lying in the middle was a city of tremendous size. Lying on a hilltop in the center of the city was a large castle, with a flag of what seemed to be a small bear over a light purple background. The castle was clearly visible but a large wall hid the houses beneath it. He was right by the tree border, hidden inside the trees, he didn’t want to draw too much attention to himself, which might had been hard considering the armor he was wearing belonged to this cities guardsmen.

Just then a twig cracked from behind him, this time the smell wasn’t the normal human nasty smell, it was a soft and calm smell, it smelled like vanilla and roses. He was caught off guard and a stick with a silver arrowhead whisked past and hit him in the shoulder. He fell to the ground and blood began to trickle out his shoulder. He went to pull it out but it was too painful so he stopped. His eyes began to fall and soon he was lying on the ground in total darkness.

        ********************************************************

He woke up at the sound of people screaming. He was in a large bed, covered in large thin and soft covers. His shoulder was covered in white bandages. The room was extremely large, the door was on the right, and on the opposite side of the room was a golden door. Lights lit the room making it very bright. There were large glass doors with curtains fluttering in the wind. Outside the sky was dark with stars dotted up. The far left corner was a large desk with papers and books stacked up on. On the far right laid a chair, he was shocked by what he saw. A girl, no a woman was curled up on the red chair.

She was breathtakingly beautiful; she had wood brown hair, fair skin, and bright red lips. She was wearing a tight cream dress and wore rings, earrings, and a necklace. Her body was magnificent and made his heart beat faster and it was of perfect proportion. Her eyes began to flutter and finally they opened, revealing her bright blue eyes.

“Your up”, she said looking right at him, smiling.

He searched his mind for something to say, but sadly he found nothing. Then the scent returned, the vanilla and rose. It was she; she had shot him in the shoulder.

He looked back at her and gave a quick nod and she smiled back. He stood up but before he could she ran over and lay her finger on his chest, “No you must rest”, she said. Her fingers were warm and soft against his skin. He was wearing nothing but the leather trousers. He looked down at his chest, he was quite muscular and his chest seemed to have ripples on the lower half of his chest.

He looked down at his arms; the cuts had completely disappeared from where they once were.