Detention

Chapter 12

••{ Megan's POV }••

It's official I know exactly why Drake has been so interested in me. He just wants sex. I should've known. Drake already left earlier this morning and I was getting ready for school. Once I was finally dressed up and ready I headed outside and got on my way.

By the time I was at school, I caught up with Danielle at her locker. "Hey how's it been?" she asked. "Its been pretty rough with the whole Drake and my parents thing. Did you know Tyler's the one who has been ratting us out because my parents told him to practically stalk me at school?" she made a face. "Tyler? What the hell."

"I know right, but I don't think this whole Drake thing will work." I said looking down. "Why do you say so?" She asked. "Drake only wants sex it's obvious now. He only wants the physical part of a relationship. I should've known."

"What he said that?"

"No but yesterday when I snuck him in I asked him about us and he said it depends on what I want us to be, then a little later he asked if we were making out tonight."

"Wow, so you're just gonna start ignoring him?" she asked. "Yeah I guess, otherwise he'll keep trying."

"But you like him." she stated. I turned and looked at her, "So it doesn't even matter. Anyway I got to head to class, see ya." I said as the bell rang. She waved back and we headed to our classes.

I had homeroom first, with Drake. Ugh. I walked into the classroom early and took a seat in the far back. As everyone else entered I stayed seated with my earbuds in while playing games on my phone. I wasn't aware of my surroundings as someone sat next to me. I automatically assumed it was Drake but turned over to see Tyler seated next to me. I forgot he was in this class.

I took out an earbud and turned to him, "Can I help you?" I asked rudely. "Megan I'm sorry for ratting you out but I can't let you get with Drake. He'll only hurt you." Tyler said. "Look, I'm not with Drake, I've never been with Drake, and I'll never be with Drake! So mine your own damn business!! You shouldn't be worried about me and you also need to get over me because I don't like you anymore Tyler. Not as a friend, not more than a friend, not at all! So just stay out of my life!" I exclaimed angrily at him.

He sighed, "Ok I get it, I'll go." he said getting up and moving to a new seat. I huffed and put my earbuds back in only to have them pulled out again by Mr. earbud plucker himself. "What do you want Drake?" I asked turning to him.

"Woah no need to get mad at me babe." he laughed. "What did you mean we'll never be together?" he asked. "Well it's obvious you don't want a relationship and all you want is sex." I mumbled. "Hey, hey, hey, you think I only want sex?" he asked.

"Yep."

He laughed a cold laugh, "Wow Megan, I didn't know you thought so low of me. You think I'd continue to come see you directly after your father ordered me to stay away, just because I wanted sex from you? Did you ever stop to think that maybe I actually did like you Megan? I wouldn't try so hard for sex, I'm not that thirsty, but apparently to you I am. Bye Megan, to think I was actually starting to get real feelings for you." he hissed getting up and walking to a new seat.

Ouch, that stung. Drake actually liked me? And I liked him. But now I fucked it all up. I looked at him from across the room to find him looking down at his phone. I sighed and sunk back into my seat.

••••

Once the lunch bell rang I practically jumped out of my seat and headed out the door. I walked into the busy cafeteria and headed toward the table I usually sit at. "Hey Megan." my friends waved as I reached them. "Hey guys." I mumbled taking a seat.