Chapter 5:

The one named Rick starts to plan our escape. I assume that he's the leader in this large group, so it makes sense that he'd be the one they'd trust with something this important.

"The guards make their rounds once every hour, the last time would have been an estimated thirty minutes ago. If they step in and see not only the door unlocked, but another person in here, than we'll have a problem." Rick adressed the group.

"Then, what are we gonna do?" Daryl says, looking to him.

Rick pauses, rubbing his hand on the back of his neck, clearly deliberating. After a moment, he says in a whisper. "We have to leave now, before the guards come. I'm thinking we can sneak around the south side of the gate, past the main building where they stopped Carl, Michonne, Daryl, and I. I know they have snipers on the roof but...we'll just have to sneak around the other box cars and hope they don't see us."

"What about weapons? Do you have any?" I ask, not wanting to be unprepared.

Michonne, or at least who I thought was Michonne, spoke up. "No, but I plan on getting my katana back."

"Who took it?"

She replies coolly, her eyes darting like a cat. "Gareth. The leader of Terminus."

"We can't just walk out there with nothing to defend ourselves! We'll get killed." I protest, gazing back at Rick.

Rick looks at me strangely, bewilderness in his voice. "Who are you?"

"Hannah." I say with an edge of pride laced into my tone.

"Well, Hannah, I don't like this either. I have my boy to look out for and I don't intend for anyone here to get hurt. So if you have a better plan, then say it. Otherwise, we have to make due with this."

My brain scatters, trying to find a solution. Suddenly, a thought pops into my head. I grab my axe from where it fell on the floor and say quietly to Rick, "Some of you, stay here. I'll be back in ten minutes. When you hear me knock on the door, run. While I'm gone, a few of you can try to find your weapons. I'll be back."

I start to run, but Rick grabs my arm abruptly. "Wait, where are you going?"

"Just trust me!" I jerk away and slip out the door before he can say another word, carrying my axe by my side.