Fall Apart

Jaturaphom's Apartment
Bangkok

Beam sat alone in his apartment's living room. His eyes showed no live and he just stare into nothing. He blinked and looked at the clock on the wall. 3 AM. And Mint was still missing. 

Forth and P'Earth went to look for Mint. Forth asked him to stay at home, just in case Mint went home by herself. He just couldn't sit still like this. He had to do something for Mint. He looked around the house again for the second, third, fourth and fifth times. No result. Mint was really not home. He went to the apartment aisle, looking at the lift, the floor below his and the upper floor as well. No result.

Now, not only Mint. Forth was also missing. He didn't bring his phone so Beam couldn't call him and ask where he was. P'Earth phone also off and directed Beam straight to the voicemail. He felt so stressed because of no update at all. He just can't rest. Mint was a family. Mint was his kid. His daughter.

Just when he started crying, the front door opened. Forth went home with sad expression on his face.

"How is it? Where is Mint?" Beam asked as he run towards Forth.

He just shook his head and walked towards the sofa in the living room without saying anything. Beam looked at Forth as he sat on the sofa and followed to sit beside him.

"I reported it to the police with P'Earth." Forth said. "They are searching for Mint and asked me to go home and give the case to them." 

Beam stroked Forth's cheek slowly not saying anything.

"I asked P'Earth to go home. I know he's tired. It's dawn already." Forth sighed. "You also go to sleep na Beam, you can't take another day off tomorrow. I will take a day off, i'm sure the team will understand."

"No Forth i just can't sleep leaving you like this. Mint still missing how can i even sleep?" Beam said cupping Forth's face.

"Please sleep Beam. Go to bed. I will stay here, just in case Mint will be back." Forth said.

"No i will accompany you here.." Beam stood up and went to the bedroom, taking their blanket and pillows.

He sat down on the carpet in front of the sofa and arranged his pillow and blanket.

"I will accompany you." He said again.

Forth then sat beside him on the carpet.

"You should sleep still.."

Beam nodded and rested his head on Forth shoulder. Forth's right hand now hugged Beam's shoulder and he brought him closer. Slowly, the darkness filled both of their eyes and sleep took over their sight.

_

Beam woke up with the voice of Forth and some other men. He opened his eyes and looked around him trying to get things together. Why was he on the carpet? Why wasn't he in his room?

He rubbed his eyes a few times until it hit him.

MINT!

Beam stood up and went to the source of the voice in the main entrance.

"What's wrong?" Beam said as he looked Forth was talking with two police officers in front of their door. "How's Mint?" He panicked.

Forth shook his head.

"Okay Mr. Jaturaphom, we will continue to search for her with our morning team." After that they excused himself.

"What happened?" Beam asked as Forth close the front door.

He sighed. "They still haven't find Mint yet. But they found a slipper around the park beside our apartment, but Mint was not there."

Beam frowned and he felt really guilty for it. "It's my fault. Why didn't I close he door?"