Prologue

Prologue ~ Immobility

2 MONTHS INTO THE STORY

              "Ma'am, please let me help you." Nurse Catherine urged persistently, rushing by Ana's side, who was clenching onto the metal railings for, what seemed like, dear life. 

              Nevertheless, with the sudden adrenaline pumping through her blood stream and a heart rate so fast, it had her body withering outrageously in seconds - Ava had found a new sense of boldness and bravery, pushing her towards breaking down the barrier she was the most afraid of. Her small arms strained as she tried to clasp her palm onto the thick rod of of metal, lifting the weight of her lower body which, because of her fragile state, was close to impossible.   

            "Ava, Ma'am!" The distressed Nurse cried, trying to catch hold of her patient's attention. Ava, like the stubborn young woman she had always been, neglected the nurse completely - her mind not functioning clear enough to stop Nurse Catherine. Though she felt awful for ignoring Nurse Catherine, Ava tried her greatest to block out the voice of a distraught woman standing beside her.

               "Ma'am, you should be resting, please sit down!" The nurse tried again.

                  Yet, Ava still had not given up. She clenched her pale hands tighter, creasing her forehead and sinking her teeth into her full bright-red lips - a small habit she had gained at very young age when her concentration was at its fullest. Tears escaped Ava's dull, grey eyes, however they weren't entirely because of the inhumane amount of pain she was receiving. Ava felt used and spent, she had never wished to rely on anyone, never him; her mother had always taught her how the key to surviving this corrupt world was initially, by maintaining an independent lifestyle.

         A small gasp fell from Ava's lips as she felt a sharper throb digging into her lower spine, her eyes failed to keep open when the tears sprang free.

          "Sir Zayn, I .. I tried to stop her but-" The nurse muttered in utter shock, flinching as if the royalty standing before her would raise a hand upon her because of her failing to do the one job he had given her. His hand rose, however not in the way she had been thinking - Sir Zayn waved his hand elegantly in the air, dismissing the nurse who looked like she'd have a break down any moment.

         'You must not allow Sir Zayn to see me this way; weak, frail and feeble. He already underestimates you.' Ava thought to herself when she dared to look into the golden eyes of the most heavenly yet satanic creature before her.  

             Sir Zayn's eye's showed no emotion; no sympathy, no anger, nothing. His bold features we're unreadable - something which confused Ava greatly. He leaned his delicious frame against the stoned wall, his vision penetrating her deeply. His beauty was overwhelming, but only then did Ava realise that looks we're deceiving. She managed to keep her eyes lowered - her courage was discreetly ebbing away. 

              "Try again." The three syllables which left his lips bought Ava's full attention back towards his way. His husky tone sent chills down her spine - likewise to every other time he had spoken. 

          Ava had felt somewhat patronized but utterly determined by his order, feeling obliged to both Sir Zayn and herself to prove that she was not at all powerless. However, Sir Zayn was aware that not even the toughest could do what silly, senseless Ava was trying for. As sick as it sounded, he enjoyed watching her pain - only because the pain she was suffering displayed how brave such a fragile woman could possibly become in a matter of time.

                Sir Zayn examined deeply into the way Ava's arms moved so gracefully and how her face distorted when she held in her breath. Her pale skin looked absolutely exquisite as she strained her small muscles. And when her face had left no emotion - resembling his own, he had become aware that she was spent, suffering from utter fatigue like she had always done. 

               Ava had given up. Her body had given up. As she felt tiredness seeping through her, Sir Zayn approached her, effortlessly lifting Ava's body into his arms - frowning when seeing his angel's eyes droop closed.

 "One day, my love, one day you shall succeed."

 _________________

Hello Lovelies! I know this must be confusing for you just yet, but you'll understand the story better once it start to progress.

This story is an Alernative Universe meaning Zayn's character in Immobility will be purely based on a character I build with my imagination and will not relate to the real Zayn Malik other than his name and aesthetics.

Immobility has officially started! I'll be updating this book as soon as possible, and hopefully the chapters will come very frequently. 

Please vote and let me know what you think of it in the comments? ;)

Thank you!! x