chapter 2 : Death comes in...

Takai is casually sitting on the couch watching T.V., flipping through the channels *

T.V. : "In other news, the masked" - sch - "Not one but two for the low price of" - sch - " No one understands what I go through" - sch -

* Takai turns T.V. off *

Takai : "So boring..."

Takai slowly dowses off until he is startled by a fairly loud and abrupt knock at his door. He sluggishly picks himself up and heads in the general direction of the door. He opens the door only to find a male classmate there. The student begins to take off his sunglasses, It was a cloudy day...

Classmate : "Yo."

Takai slowly closes the door...

Classmate : "I have your favorite, grilled octopus."

*Takai's mouth starts to salivate with lust towards the food. He quickly opens the door and successfully snatches the food from the young man, afterwards, closing the door with no opportunity for the male student to enter.

Takai : "Thanks for the food, now what do you want? im busy so go away now Akihiro. shoo- shoo-."

Akihiro : "Don't say that, you know we're best pals...." *A brief pause* "Can you help me study for the test-"

Takai : "No"

Akihiro : "Come on, you're not even doing anything." *in a sarcastic tone* "Oh Well, looks like I am just going to have to tell everyone you have the hots for Kazumi"

*Kazumi is the female that Takai saved when he was a death god trainee.*

Takai : "You frighten me with your devilish schemes... And for the record I don't have the hots for anyone." 

*Takai thinking in his mind* "That was the right response right? I don't have this whole human emotion thing down... "

Akihiro : "Success!" *he looks around* "Every time I come here I find it hard to believe you live here by yourself. It must be hard being all alone all day..."

Takai : "Shut up and get your notes out, if you want to study then lets-

Akihiro : "about that..."

*Takai notices that he does not have any bags*

Takai : (sigh)

Akihiro : "Have I ever told you that you're my favorite?"

Takai : "Plenty of times, wait a moment I'll be right back."

*Takai leaves the room to get notes and study materials, when he returns he sees Akihiro laying on the couch watching T.V.*

Akihiro : "Have you heard? The killer is still on the loose. They say he has killed more then 30 people now." 

Takai : "Oh, really? And here I thought we were here to study not watch-"

Akihiro : "Don't sweat the small details. It's not like you are doing anything today."

Takai : "This is why you're the dumbest person in our class."

Akihiro : "Hey, is that how you speak to your best friend?"

Takai glazes over to the TV and notices a picture of the so called alleged killer. A picture of a shadowy figure, red eyes. Other then the bloody jaw with what appeared to be fangs, there were no other physical traits that anyone has reported. He ponders on this while Akihiro continues to lay there.

Takai : "And now the laziness begins... I'll just be over here doing-"

Takai is cut off by snoring... Akihiro had fallen asleep while Takai had been thinking about the killer...

Takai kicks Akihiro in the stomach and says "You don't come into someone else's house and fall asleep do you? huh? because that would be considered rude..."

Akihiro : "Ow, ow, ow. Ok, ok, I get it. Just don't step on me anymore."

Takai : "Good, now lets get to studying."

Takai and Akihiro study for about an hour-and-a-half before there is another knock on the door.

Akihiro : "Well arn't you popular today?"

Takai gets up and walks toward the door, he gets there and get chills down his spine. He begins to sweat and gets a sensation that paralyzes him. Unable to move a single finger he forces himself to ignore this unfavorable feeling. he opens the door and finds a nice, cute girl standing in his doorway. It's Azumi in a long yellow blouse, a big hat, and carrying a small purse.

Kazumi : "Hey Takai, is Akihiro here? Mother asked him to go pick up some things from the store and he is not back yet."

Takai : "Huh, um... Oh Akihiro is here. Come in, come in."

Kazumi : "I would love to but we are in a rush," *Takai notices a young man down the stairs standing next to a car.* "Tell Akihiro that mom doesn't want the grilled octopus to get cold, and to hurry up."

Takai : "Ok, see you later then?"

Kazumi : "Yeah"

Takai closes the door and starts to head towards the room in which Akihiro is. 

Akihiro : "So, who was it?"

Takai : "Your sister. She said something about grilled octopus... wait a second."

Akihiro : "Well, I'm off. See you tomorrow at school." saying this as he practically runs out of the door.

Takai : "... ... ... Damn it Akihiro."

He slowly makes his way to the couch and lays down. Everyone has left and Takai returns to the thought of the killer. The image on TV was imprinted in his mind. He slowly gets up and heads to the other room. He stops abruptly, and signs.

Takai : "There is only one person that would know about this..."

After standing in place he turns around and  returns to the couch. Takai has entered a state, rid of sneses, his mind clear of all thought. He slowly udders the words...

Takai : "dlrowrednu eht ot noitacinummoc deen I"

The space over the small table begins to distort.

Red.

The color rips open the space and stops in a portal like shape. Takai has opened his eyes and a known figure has appeared. 

Takai : "Hello father..."

(to be continued)