Chapter 16: Being Stupid

Chapter  16

Miles Vincent

I drove back home thinking about Caroline and Cameron are they together? I’m too late? I was driving and decided I would get some dinner for me and my mum.

After stopping by at the shop I drove towards home but when I saw there was a car in front of the house I was shocked mum didn’t tell me we had guests over?

I pulled into the garage getting the bag of food and opening the door i looked in the living room dropping the bag I was holding.

“Honey I can explain.” She said quickly standing fixing her shirt

I turned around not wanting to fight with my mum and let walking towards the car and driving off I didn’t know where to go I parked on the side of the road and texted Caroline.

‘Hey are you awake?’

‘Yes is everything ok?!’ she texted

‘No can I come over has Cameron left?’

‘Yes and yes, try to sneak in because there are no visitors’ she texted back

‘ok’

I parked near the hospital then walked the distance when I waited for the perfect moment then snuck in to Caroline room.

“Hey you got here quickly, what happened?” She said as soon as I closed the door

“I’m just being stupid I guess”

“No you’re not if something is bothering you then it’s not stupid” she replayed

“No I’m making this thing bigger then it is” I said

My phone started ringing I changed it into silent so the nurses won’t check here I looked at it and found 10 calls from my mum and few texts messages.

I ignored it and went walked towards Caroline she opened her arms and I hugged her.

“Tell me Miles what’s going on?”

“After I left I went home and well I found my mum kissing this random dude.”

“So?”

“You don’t understand my mum has the worst taste of men believe me after my father left her everything went downhill and she dated the wrong guys one of them nearly resulted in me dying and the fact she never told me about him and and….”

“Miles stop you’re going to get the nurses here and second your making this a bigger deal then it is and plus if your mom wants to date a guy and not tell you it’s her right as a parent not to tell you.” She cut me off

“But”

“But nothing now come join me here mum has to work and I don’t have anyone to cuddle with and I feel mighty lonely”

I removed my shoes and climbed in being careful not to hurt her she laid her head on my chest and cuddled against me.

I knew from that moment this is what I want for us to happen for me to hold her.

“By the way Milo I love those cookies if you can get me more when your mum has the chance.”

“I will ask her tomorrow.”

She yawned and closed her eyes and cuddled even closer to me if that was possible.

I closed my eyes thinking that maybe I still have a chance.