Chapter I: It should be just a book of poems

Everything seemed normal for us, the Florida family.

From the t-shirt I wear to the things we're packing for our garage sale.

I wore a plain black t-shirt today with a printed text on it saying "Don't mess with my family" paired with denim jeans and a pair of black Minnetonka slippers. And it compliments with my brownish wavy hair in ponytail that I love so much.

My family is busy today, like I said, we're preparing for our garage sale. We do this once in three years, so that the things we're not going to use anymore will be of use by others.

"Elisse, will you go up to the attic to find more things that will not be needed?"

My Mom, she's a beautiful woman inside and out. Her hobby is cleaning and what she like to do the most is to keep herself busy with us, her family. She's a caring and hardworking type of person and she never lets us down, never.

She wore a loose plain white t-shirt and black leggings with a pair of gray rubber slippers. She's just as simple as she is. And she really looks cool with her messy long blonde hair bun up; it looks like a sort of fashion.

"Sure pretty Mom!"

I headed for the stairs that I'll use to climb to the attic.

"And you, Fred, clean your room and collect the things that you're not going to use anymore. Put it all in this box" I overheard Mom instructing Fred

"Yah, sure."

He's the lazy one. He's my brother, Fred, younger brother to be exact. He likes to play computer games (or any kind of games) and throw cookies at Bark, our dog. He's your rebellion-kid kind of type but he's not totally rebel. He has a full respect on our parents and I know for myself that he's a good kid. He's just too shy to show it.

His hair is gelled up, and it makes me uncomfortable. He wears a navy blue t-shirt, too big for his size, paired with big shorts and big slippers. Those slippers are Dad's, he just likes to use it all the time and Dad won't care.

I almost drop the staircase I am holding. Thanks to this man who's fast as lightning, he caught it in time. And speaking of Dad. . .

"Whoa. You should be careful. We all know that you're a careless little girl" He winked at me

"Dad" I let out a winced and smiled at him

He's my Dad, obviously. I already called him Dad.

He's not the kind of Father who's big and has muscles. He has medium size for the body and wears an eyeglass that made him look even cooler. He's the coolest father ever, by the way.

His eyeglasses is paired with his neat-look hair, comb to the side, complementing his peach button down blouse and black slacks, and also his polished Stacy Adams, my Mom's gift to him. He just got home from work today. He's a dealer of Chevrolet but we don't own one yet. He's just new on the job and hopefully we'll have one soon.

Anyway, where am I?

Oh yes! The attic!

"I want more gelatins! Mooooore!"

My Dad lifted up that cute little guy, shouting for more gelatins.

"Let's help Mommy first then we'll reward you more gelatin, ok?"

"Yaaaaay! Come on, let's help Mommy!"

That's my five year-old brother, Ginny. He has highest dream within our family. He wants to fly someday. And I tell you, that's high.