Chapters 1-5

Author's note:

~First time posting here so please don't hate

~Cross-posted on my DeviantArt account. Just tell me if you want to check it out since I've got some fics in there as well <3

~I do not own the KuroBasu characters or any related items to them.

~Based on Taylor Swift's 'Sweeter than Fiction'- I do not own the song as well. Love the song, love the singer~ <3

~~~~~~End of Author's Note~~~~~~~~

Sweeter than fiction - Murasakibara x Reader

by LadyAlicerius21, 6 days, 14 hours ago

Literature / Prose / Fiction / Romance / Teen / Introductions & Chapters

A Taylor Swift Tribute in Seven Parts

Sweeter than fiction

-Murasakibara x Reader

"Hit the ground, hit the ground, hit the ground, oh, oh

Only sound, only sound, that you hear is "no"

You never saw it coming

Slipped when you started running

And now you've come undone, and I, I, I, I .."

~

It was already their match versus the rising star of a school- Seirin High. And unfortunately, Kagami Taiga of Seirin and his team mates are showing great improvement.

She was and is a student of Seirin, but the ombre blue-haired girl decided to just stay quiet and cheer for her purple-haired friend silently among the crowds.

The purple-haired giant was doing his best though he really looked distressed and pressured: an expression on his face carefully hidden and masked by apathy, anger and a thirst to crush his opponents.

Those Prussian eyes that stared at him knew better though.

As some of their schoolmates shouted "No!" or "Crush them!", never even giving a second thought on how the giant would feel in face of such big responsibilities placed on his (though literally big) shoulders, the small girl could barely take their school's lack of tact- she was the only one who gave true support to the giant, the sort that would never falter no matter how the game would end.

And they lost. By ten points or so. She couldn't focus on the scores anymore after seeing the defeated face of her purple-haired friend. Just as when he was entering his zone, Seirin took immediate measures and formulated good plans and strategies- all courtesy of her.

She never aimed or desired that face on her former schoolmate's face. It was enough that she saw him cry once- a strike of luck when she was there to be the one he would turn to, to be the one he would cry to- that very time she reappeared after 3 years in which she migrated to London for the treatment of her asthma.

She was weak- how she got her place as Kiseki no Sedai's coach before? She was almost at par with Akashi and Momoi.

Her observational skills greater than Momoi's and at par with Akashi's: she could tell a game's victor just by watching the first game, plus, her deduction skills applies to everyday living as well, she knows what moves their opponents would make.

And the simple fact that she helped Seirin- though her school- crush their former friends by being their manager, it was more than she could bear.

Then she saw a mass of purple hair leave the court, a towel over his head: covering his face, and his body slightly bent forward in an arc: clearly broken.