20:

recap:

"Thank you, Steve," I stand and shake his hand.

"No problem, (Y/N)."

And with that, I go back to work.

20:

Today is the next expedition, and for the most part, everyone's doing alright, which is surprising considering the outcome of the last venture outside the walls. Though I suppose this time there isn't a conscious female titan involved.

But just because they seem to be doing alright, doesn't mean I am. The idea of seeing everyone off and knowing that less will come back is something I can never get used to. And this time I won't even be in the med centre to help, I'm technically not even supposed to be making breakfast right now, but I am anyway... though I'm shaking so much I might've cut myself while chopping up the vegetables. I thought it would be a nice idea to splurge on some better food for today but now the carrots are red and not orange.

It's not as if they'd notice anyway...

*Time Skip brought to you by my lack of creativity to segue this into the next part*

Before everyone gets ready to leave I make my way to Levi's office, feeling as if I have to see him off properly.

I turn the corner and see Eren pacing outside of Levi's office. I'm still struggling to come to terms with the idea that he might've been the one that burnt Levi's house, which would mean he was trying to kill me? Seeing him puts me on edge and seeing him pace outside of Levi's office makes it worse.

"(Y-Y/N)?" I hear a stutter from around the corner.

I guess I'm not as sneaky as I thought.

I turn around and fully face Eren who looks very nervous to see me.

"H-hey Eren! Fancy seeing you here..." I act terribly. He's dumb; he shouldn't notice.

"Yeah! U-uh what are you doing here?" He asks me while scratching his head. He goes to lean against the wall but misjudges the distance and trips, blushing profusely. I don't laugh at him, I just cringe and look away from him momentarily.

"Wait a minute..." he trails off. "Don't tell me you have a crush on me!" He screeches.

My eyes widen, and I shake my head repeatedly. "EH? NO! H-how does that make any sense!" I fling my arms around, completely flustered.

"Oh, good I don't have to reject you," he sighs and looks upwards.

"Um, you should know that it's a fucking blessing to be liked by me," I cross my arms. Who does this kid think he is?

"You're not my type," he tilts his head to the left and he looks over to Levi's office door.

"Wait a minute," I walk forward, extending my finger to point at him. "Don't tell me you like Levi."

"I thought everyone knew," He deadpans.

"So that's why you were behind his house!" My eyes widen as I exclaim.

"Yeah, pretty much-" suddenly he's cut off by a door slamming open and we look towards the office. Levi stands between the door frame, hands on either side of the door. He's hunched over and frowning so much that his eyebrow is twitching, and his hair is dishevelled.

"Eren..." he growls. Eren screams in a pitch only dogs can hear and runs away. Levi looks upwards, relieved as he sighs and closes his eyes.

Hot...

"If you're gonna stare so much, you might as well come in and stare at me while I finish paperwork. Much more productive that way," he growls again, still pissed off. I snap out of it and follow him into his office. It's the same as I remember it, but now he's moved his tea cups away from the bleach. Thank god.