Ch 49: You Can't Have Evie

Evie POV:

I stretched as I stepped out of the car, now hidden off road, "has it ever occurred to any of our species that woods are a dumb place to live, so hard to walk in."

"Maybe it wouldn't be if you stopped wearing such ridiculous shoes."

I growled softly, "don't question a woman's choice of footwear. Ever."

Asmos shook his head at me but started into my packs territory anyways. "Lets make this quick I have been away from my pack too long, absence breeds rebellion."

Following him, I eyed his broad back as we walked, "rebellion happen often in your pack?"

"No." He started, "It does not but it happens when alphas are away some wolves get foolish thoughts."

I hummed a bit, trotting to catch up and walk beside him, "well I doubt this will take too long. How are we getting back to your pack?"

"Our flight is at ten tonight."

I nodded, "that gives us plenty of time for me to say goodbye to Mel and my family thanks."

He scoffed a bit, "and give them time to attack."

His growl started low in his chest.

Sighing a bit I took his hand, "or you Mel and I can go into the human town and get some lunch if you don't wanna be in the pack that long?"

He glanced at me from the corner of his eye, "perhaps."

"we can go to my favorite diner. They have great milkshakes."

"Do you often wonder human towns?"

I shrugged, "I like them. No one knows me and I'm just another person."

"I see..."

I eyed the point where the woods became my pack, "Asmos?"

"Hm?"

"What happens if we decide to break our bond? I can't be a rogue, I'm sure you wouldn't want me around, and my but old pack might not be an option."

He didn't say much for a moment, thumb stroking my hand, "we will discuss this further in our relationship when we see where this is developing."

That wasn't helpful at all.

In fact I'm pretty sure it means he has no idea either.

Great. Just great.

The man wants me but he doesn't, I'm his but maybe not permanently, I need to leave home for him but only on a trial period.

I really needed to see Mel.

~~

I wasn't too surprised to see the looks Asmos and I received as we made our way through pack grounds.

The judgement directed at me then the glance of fear in his direction.

Asmos of course seemed utterly unfazed by the entire thing. "You wish to see your parents or your friend first?"