Chapter 16

Talia's POV

The day before school: 

        "Come on, pleeeaassseee. My friends really want to meet you!" Bradley whines. Emmit shakes his head, silently laughing. "Bradley, it's the day before school starts. You're being ridiculous. Plus, you said you were going to introduce me to them days ago." I protest. "BUT TALIA! I told them you were coming." Bradley screams. Then Emmit finally decides to butt in. "Listen Bradley, we'll come. As long as you don't try to set up Talia with any of your friends." "No! I wouldn't do that. They all know that Talia is off limits." Bradley says, sounding scared. Emmit starts to laugh. "Dude, I was joking. We'll definitely be there. See you in an hour."  Emmit hangs up the phone.

        I smack Emmit's arm. "Do you find joy in scaring him?" Emmit smirks. "Well....kind of." I groan. "Whatever. I have to get ready. You can do whatever until I'm done." "Yeah, that's fine." Emmit responds, as he lays down on my bed. 

        I walk over to my closet to pick out an outfit. After about a minute of looking I pull out a white cable knit sweater and a pair of denim shorts, which has daisys on it.  I turn around and hold it up to me for Emmit to see. "So, what do you think?" I ask. Emmit makes a face. "I don't know. Try it on." I nod and start to head for my bathroom. "Talia." Emmit calls. I stop and turn around, waiting for what he has to say. "Are you serious? I've seen you naked." I blush and he continues. "I don't think it's a big deal if you change in front of me." I smile. "Sorry, I wasn't sure if you would find it weird..." Emmit starts laughing so hard his face turns red. "What's so funny?" I ask. Once he stops laughing, he answers me. "Talia, I'm a guy. I have no problem with you taking your clothes off." "Fine, whatever."

        I ever so gracefully yank my clothes off and look up to see Emmit smiling at me. He shoots me a thumbs up and I roll my eyes. I pull on my sweater and shorts, and do a little spin. "So, how do I look?" Emmit shakes his head. "It's okay, but I've seen you wear better. Let me pick something out." He gets up off my bed and walks over to my closet. After looking at every item of clothing I own, he settles on a blue kimono, a black cropped bralet, high waisted shorts, and black vans. 

        I start to take my sweater off and my arm gets stuck. "Ugh, Emmit. Help me get out of this." Emmit walks over to me and pulls my sweater off. "Thanks." I say, but he doesn't move away. He just stands there. "What's the matter?" He points at my chest. "You're wearing a black bra. I took you as more of a pink person." I smile. "Well, sorry to disappoint you." "No!" Emmit protests. "It's suits you."

        After finally getting dress, I realize that we only have 15 minutes to get to Bradley's house. So, I throw my hair into a messy bun and drag Emmit to the car. 

        We get to Bradley's house with 3 minutes to spare. "You didn't tell me that he house is the size of the white house." Emmit says as we pull into the driveway. "I didn't know either. I've never been here before." We get out of the car and walk up to the front door. I ring the doorbell and within a minute, Bradley answers it. "Hey, guys. Come inside. My friends can't wait to meet you."

        Bradley brings us to the backyard, where his friends are. They're all sitting at a table, arguing. Bradley notices and whistles really loud. They all stop talking and look at him. "Guys, this is my friend Talia and her boyfriend Emmit." There is a chorus of "heys." Bradley introduces them (left to right) as, Cooper, Damon, Lawrence, Teo, and Seb.

        The guys easily welcome Emmit and I into their group, and we spend our last day of summer messing around and getting to know each other.

        Right as Emmit and I are getting ready to leave, Lawrence speaks up. "I know you guys don't know us, but you're friends with Bradley. So, you're part of our group now." I laugh. "Good to know."

***GUYYYSSSS. As promised, it is Saturday night and there is a new chapter. Enjoy!***

PS: There is a picture of the guys and a link for the clothes Talia was wearing.