Servant and Aunt

People, its not really an update. Its a teaser and a beta-bait. I have not been posting for so long that I do not dare to approach my old long suffering and already way-too patient with me betas. Though of course I am terribly grateful for all they have already done for me and I wish I had any moral right to ask them again, but as it is now - well, I have to appeal to the public. People, please. If you dont feel sorry for me, feel for the readers, they should not suffer.  

Just as an example of what you guys would have to put up with without a wonderful touch of beta - a rough draft of newest chapter. Read if you dear, weep and if possible, offer a helping hand to a struggling author in dare need.

Are you sure? Then go on.

Chapter 8.  

Servant and Aunt 

.

Thornton woke up with a strange feeling of floating above the bed. He could feel the touch of the sheets on his skin, but the body felt weightless and timeless. He was sharply aware that he was experiencing something for the first time in his life, waking up with his wife. Soft, warm pressure of Margaret's body against his was new and wonderful. She was still asleep, her light, even breath was so soothing and peaceful he could stay like that forever. The morning light was only beginning to seep between the curtains; it outlined the old familiar things in his room and the things that were new: the clothes hanging over the back of the chair that were not his, the new exciting smell in the air, the white fragile shoulder peaking from under the covers, the young sleepy face right there, next to his. A mere three days ago he did not dare to imagine waking up and seeing it resting on his shoulder, for all the mornings of the rest of his life. 

Her lips were relaxed in their usual rich, serene curve; yet he remembered them opened in passion and bitten savagely to keep a moan of pleasure from escaping. He, too, now had his reward to treasure. He always imagined that she would be passionate and responsive, he always felt the hidden fires within; and he took his time last night to unlock what was there, to learn how to please his new wife, held back his own need until he knew he had the power to bring her there with him. 

She was so close, it took the slightest bent of the head to reach and kiss her. The rhythm of her breath changed, and in a moment the large eyes still full of sleep opened to meet his own. She blinked, caressing his cheek with her eyelashes; there was a brief moment of uncertainty in her eyes while the reality displaced the dreams, and she blinked once again as if trying to make sure that what she sees is solid and real. Seemed satisfied on that account she kissed him back contentedly. In another moment she moved her head back a little, watching his face in wonder, as if she had never seen him before. 

He pulled her back to him, stroking her tangled hair gently. there were no words they could say in this morning light, no reference to the wondrous unity of body and soul, the miracle that happened last night and stayed with them forever, a secret below the facade they could show to the world during the day. Pity they could not stay like that for hours, even days or weeks. The idea of a honeymoon perhaps was wiser than he thought before. To have Margaret all to himself, for days and days, with no worry would be a happiness too magnificent to happen to a mere mortal man. Perhaps that was the reason why was impossible for them. As it was, they could not spare time or afford carefree indulgence. The work was allotted for them for many days ahead. He had to get up and leave her and face the toils of the day and whatever new troubles it would bring.  

He kissed her lightly one more time, fighting the temptation to submit to the rising passion that the proximity of her sweet body was so readily awakening, and carefully began to rise. Margaret almost reached to pull him back, but checked herself shyly.