A Memory Never Forgotten

"What happens now?" Jake asked so softly it almost came out as a whisper. "What happens now that summer's over and you have to go back to LA?"

"I guess we have to forget everything that happened. Forget every little memory we've made this summer.." I whispered back, tears brimming my eyes threatening to spill over.

"What if I don't want to forget?" he fought back, gazing into my eyes, tears filling his too.

How did this happen? This wasn't what I signed up for when I agreed to go to the Bahamas for 3 weeks with my bestfriend Amelia. I never expected to go to a beach party the first night and get drunk. I never expected to have a make out session with a complete stranger the second night. I never expected to have feelings for Jake. And I certainly didn't expect to be stood here now, at the airport waiting for my flight to be called, crying over a boy I fell in love with in only 3 weeks...

"Flight 234-DHX-2D4 from the Bahamas to Los Angles, please board at Gate C" the lady over the intercom announced.

"Well that's me" I muttered sadly before being pulled into a hug by Jake. I cried silently in his arms and felt his tears on his cheek too.

"Goodbye babe, I love you" Jake whispered, his voice cracking.

"Bye" I whispered back and removed myself from his arms to walk to the gate. Not once looking back because it hurt too much. I guess this really was a summer to remember..

A/N: What do you think? Is it good? Is it boring? Please leave me comments :)