36.

♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐

THIRTY SIX. 

        "Lydia, I swear to god—" 

        "You're taking forever!" 

        "I'm sorry that I don't want to go to the game without pants!" Sage exclaimed back, hopping around to try and put her other leg into washed out skinny jeans. She promised that she would go to the game with Lydia, mostly because everyone else seemed to be avoiding her and Sage was getting tired of seeing the girl walk around school all alone. 

        Lydia gave her a raised eyebrow from the the vanity, her reflection staring at the blonde. "Stiles wouldn't mind it, though." The strawberry blonde had been soaking up as many jabs about the couple as possible ever since Sage came over this morning and admitted that they finally said they loved each other. Of course, Lydia was supportive and gave a few harsh Lydia Martin comments, but she was truly happy for her friend. Sage was the only one in Beacon Hills putting any effort in talking to her lately. 

        "Shut up and move your little strawberry blonde ass," Sage ushered after finally getting her pants correctly placed on her body. She opted for a beige jacket that Lydia let her borrow and a large scarf that she bought a few years back. She was ready for a cold night on metal bleachers, cheering on her boyfriend who will be stuck on the bench, and praying no one died. 

        "So demanding, no wonder Stiles is afraid of you," Lydia jeered, a small smirk playing at her lips. Sage gaped at her and scoffed before shoving Lydia through the door frame. She wasn't going to admit it but having Lydia tease her relationship made them almost seem like normal teenagers. "Hey, have you talked to Allison lately?" 

        "No," Sage denied, frowning. She had been trying to call the girl, mostly to ask how she was dealing with her mom's death. If anyone knew what it felt like, it was her. Stiles, too, but she didn't think her boyfriend was up to talking to an Argent, especially one that was related to Gerard. "Have you?" 

        Lydia pulled open the door to the driver's side and got in, Sage falling into the passenger's seat beside her. "I texted her to see if she was going to the game but she never answered me. Although no one ever really answers me these days..." 

        "Don't get frowny," Sage pleaded, turning to Lydia. "We're going to go to the game and we're going to cheer on a team of boys that really don't deserve it because a majority of them are complete assholes, aside from Danny, and we're going to freeze our asses off while having fun." She nudged Lydia's side a bit with a grin, trying to get the girl to smile. 

        Lydia finally did, her teeth showing as her lips formed a smile. "Fine, but you better cheer on Stiles too." 

        "Bench warmers deserve a little love," Sage agreed, snickering as she put on her seat belt. Lydia snorted and adjusted her rear view mirror, giving the blonde a sneer. Immediately, Sage knew Lydia was going to come out with another jab, and she was preparing herself for many more to come. 

        "Because he loves you," Lydia cooed. 

        "If you don't start the car, Lydia, I will throw you out of it." 

        "No you won't, you love me too much." 

♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ 

        The first thing Sage heard when she showed up the game was, "My son is on the field!" and the person voicing those words sounded too familiar for her comfort. Lydia was standing next to her, complaining about the different levels of ground that there were and how it messed with her boots when Sage finally noticed a specific number out on the field, just like the voice announced, ready to play. She didn't need to see his face, rather the number twenty four staring right at her, to know that Stiles was playing tonight. That made her abruptly stop and Lydia to nearly fall into the one the many holes.